Thursday, April 19, 2007

Depressed

I am very depressed because of the shootings at VTech. I didn't know anybody there. I don't know anybody who knows anybody, that I know of. I believe I watched too much coverage the first two days and it knocked the wind out of me. I remember people telling me they felt this way after Columbine. I understand better now. It is especially hard now that the media is playing the videos of this mad man. I will not watch any more of his rants. I wished him dead after listening to him. He is already dead. I wish everybody with the amount of hate this man had, would all go away and take their troubled minds and souls with them and let the rest of us be. Don't take us with you when you go. You are dead. There is no glory in having your name repeated over and over on the news. We tune you out, apparently just like we did while you were alive, at least in your own head. If you feel the need to be on the news, climb a tree and rescue a cat. Have a friend video tape it and put it on youtube or myspace. On a slow news day, you are sure to get picked up.

My heart goes out to all the families and friends of the victims, and those of us who grieve from the residual effects of this despicable act. It also goes out to the rest of us who worry about our children going off into this crazy world. And I do mean crazy.

Love and Peace. How hard is that?

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I know how you feel. Things like this have a way of weighing very heavily on me. Hug your girls, kiss them often.

REgards,
Deb

Lucille said...

What about HIS family? Nothing much has been said of them. They must be in misery.

Jaded said...

This man was the absolute personification of evil. I have so much trouble trying to even wrap my brain around the idea that this could happen...that it DID happen.

I didn't know anyone involved. One of my dear friends from college sent out a note that the brother of her good friend was killed in the slaughter. His name was Jarrett Lee Lane.

There aren't even words to express what I'm feeling about it all. I know I've been holding my own child even closer this week.

alan said...

Thinking of you...

alan