Saturday, October 14, 2006

iPod crazy

Several years ago when iPods came out, David bought me one for Christmas. It stayed in the box for years. I had no interest whatsoever in having an iPod. I had my computer which had my music on it and I was happy with that. I had the radio in the car and was happy with that.

At some point, my stepdaughter Daniela was visiting and we got on the subject of ipods. I told her I had one and never used it. I offered it to her and she was stoked. I was happy that she wanted it and it was no longer sitting unopened in the garage.

So, with all that said, I wanted an iPod for my birthday this year. I think it will motivate me to walk. I hope so anyway. David and the girls got me one with a cover called skin. It is clear rubber and plastic and it keeps the black iPod clean and fingerprint free. Not only that, it has the cutest little video player ever! Two inches. Awesome sharp picture. I don't know how often I would use the video, but I did see Law & Order on it the other night. It was on my computer, left over from when the TV was broken and I downloaded some TV shows onto my laptop. This thing has amazing sound too. Now I need to think of a name for it! How fun is that???

All my songs have been uploaded to my new iPod. Until tonight that is. Katharine burned about a hundred songs for me, which I had to type in the titles and artist names before I imported them to my laptop. Tomorrow I will put them on the ipod. I cannot wait to hit shuffle and play the eclectic mixes of music I have.

I also got a sore throat for my birthday. It has been very sore for a week. Today is the first day I can swallow without pain, but there is still that little feeling when I swallow that reminds me it was sore. Also, ice water still kind of burns. Whatever this is, it seems to be going around.

We are watching Annie on TV right now. Katharine was recently cast as Lily for her school play. The version we are watching has Kristin Chenoweth playing Lily. Audra McDonald, Victor Garber and my fav Kathy Bates are in it as well. It is funny to listen to Katharine do a Brooklyn accent. She is great at accents, but usually British is what I hear. This is fun and different. I am sure she will have a blast playing the role. Tomorrow she goes up to LA for her acting class again. Every Sunday and David is kind enough to do the Sunday drive.

Today I took Zoe shopping for mock trial clothes. She is taking it very seriously. She was told what kind of clothes to buy. She plays the defendant. An artsy student accused of bringing a bomb to school. She says she didn't do it! They practice two times a week after school. They meet in the class and talk about the trial and then the actual practice begins at 5:00. She gets done about 9:00. David had five pizzas and other stuff delivered last Tuesday. Each night a parent feeds all the kids who are on the team. They have dress rehearsal in two weeks and then they compete against other schools in the actual courthouse. It has been great for Zoe and I am happy she is enjoying it so much.

That is about it as of now. Not much else going on. Weather has been cool and fall like. My favorite time of year!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

It's so cute hearing you talk about your new IPOD! I'm happy for you and your going to luv it!

That sounds like a nasty sore throat..Do u think it was strep?

Have a great week Nancy :)

alan said...

Your family is amazing...

My cellphone has an MP3 player in it, along with a camera. I loaded it up, but the earbuds and I don't get along on the treadmill, which was why I acquired it. Somewhere down the road (after the holidays) I'll pick up a set of Sony ones that hook over my ears, then we'll give it a real "workout".

Being "eclectic", if you get a chance check out "Re-Whipped"; Herb Alpert's re-mix of his own "Whipped Cream" from 40 years ago...heard a good review of it on NPR and picked it up. I smiling just thinking about it!

alan

A Flowered Purse said...

I always wanted an IPOD, but am fairly certain i would never know how to use it LOL
Sorry to hear you had a sore throat for your happy day! Hope today its all gone.
Thats awesome how she is getting into her part! Good luck to her on her mock trial!
Happy week
Love
dianna

Dr. Deb said...

The "skin" is really good for making sure it doesn't break when you drop it. Which, sadly, I've done many times.

~Deb

lightfeather said...

I still don't get the whole IPod thing but then what do I know? I still have a cassette deck in my car! LOL!

Glad you are having fun with it!

Lighty

for_the_lonely said...

So fun to read about your IPOD! Jenny has been wanting one forever...shhhh...I'm getting her one for Christmas!

I hope that you are feeling better! Glad to read that everyone is doing so well!

Love ya,
Sarah