Friday, October 06, 2006

My Birthday is Here Again!

Yes, my birthday is here again, actually it is in two days. No, sit down, don't get up. Thank you, thanks, sit down please....Okay now you are embarrassing me, but thanks for the birthday wishes....Not like the big four oh, or a big five oh. Just a forty sevenish birthday. Too close to the big five oh on one hand, but better than the alternative on the other!

When I was twenty seven or twenty eight, I seriously had to use the calculator to figure out my age. I had one handy because I was a purchasing agent and it was there. I really could have done the math in my head or with a piece of paper and a pen, but I didn't have to. I went back and forth with was I twenty seven or twenty eight? I believe I spent most of my twenty seventh year telling people I was twenty eight. People don't believe that anyhow. Oh, twenty eight or twenty nine, sure you are Nancy! I am not one of those perpetual twenty nine year olds. Neither would I want to be!

Especially bad when somebody asks my age and I have to think or do the math. That is what is happening again. I hate being born in a nine year. You know 1959. I am so bad with my nines. 1960 would have been nice. Easy to count how old I am and I would have been born in a whole different decade as well. As it stands now, I was born in the fifties! UGH. Two months away from being born in the sixties!

I have been ensconced in Girl Scout registrations and nut sales. I know most of you only heard about nut sales from the Girl Scouts last year when I mentioned it. Not the biggie like cookies, but still enough to keep me jumping. Everybody has to have all orders into the computer by 9am Monday morning, or it will cut them off. If they don't get their jobs done, I must hunt them down! This weekend is the final presales and did I mention selling magazines? Oh yes, the Girl Scouts are doing that as well as nuts, under the name fall product sale. I had a training meeting scheduled with about a dozen women. I think five showed up. This inevitably leaves me with a ton of emails and phone calls, last minute being my favorites, to ask questions. I will answer them and probably enjoy it to a point. However, it falls on my birthday weekend. Notice the pun? Falls...

It is next to impossible to get everybody to the table for dinner this school year. My birthday will be no exception. David has to take Katharine to LA for her acting class. Zoe is doing Mock Trial and they will be meeting Sunday afternoon to practice. It is really okay though. I am blessed with a loving husband and great kids. Just seeing the girls blossom and have fun being teenagers is great. Loving people who love me back. Truly a great birthday gift.

12 comments:

alan said...

May your birthday be as wonderful as you are my friend!

'59 was a very good year, you know; my "little" sister, you, gorgeous cars...the last of the "post war glow" before so many things changed in our nation and our world!

Happy Happy Birthday!

alan

for_the_lonely said...

Have a very Happy Birthday, Nancy!!! I must admit that being born in a year that ends in a zero makes the math much easier! LOL I, too, sometimes have to stop and remember how old I am! LOL

I hope that you have a beautiful day!!!

Love you,
Sarah

A Flowered Purse said...

OMG I do the same thing and have to calculate my age LOL
Glad im not the only one!
Have a wonderful wonderful birthday!!
love
di

lightfeather said...

Happy, happy day Nancy! I love hearing about your life!

the bright one said...

Happy birthday mommy!

Jaded said...

Happy Birthday!

zbjernak said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU NANCY!
heheheheheh

Danielaphant said...

So you may not get to have a nice family dinner on your birthday, but I do hope you have a chance to do something relaxing for yourself. 47 is not so bad really!

Happy Birthday, with love from your 40 year old step-daughter,

Daniela

Heidi said...

It's Sunday and it's your Birthday!

Nancy my best wishes go out to you..Goodhealth and Happiness always my friend. Big Birthday Hugs for you
{{{{{{{{ NANCY 47ish}}}}}}}}} ;)

Playground In My Mind said...

Hey Lady! Happy birthday!!!! We could have graduated from H.S. together.. can u say Class of 78? I just love dropping by and hearing about HOME. Take care, and enjoy the celebration on the run;) Renee

Dr. Deb said...

Happy BELATED birthday. Hope it was fantastic!

Just Jan said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nancy...hope you had a great day!!