Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

As I put, I mean "made sure" Santa put out the stockings for the girls this morning, thought of past Christmases. I have been very blessed. I remember being the excited child opening gifts before the crack of dawn. On the years we didn't get up early enough, my father woke us, sometimes at 3am! I remember my girls being the excited children opening gifts. At 13 and 15 they are still excited teens, which warms my heart. Charlie the dog was just like a two year old. He got one gift from the garage and then thought he was getting a new one each time we came in from there. Just the paper and boxes would have been fun for him. Yesterday we used a rawhide cigar, that my sis in law Phoebe sent him, to get back a gift she had given Katharine. Charlie took the gift and headed under the table. We coaxed him out, sans gift, for the rawhide and retreived the gift before he chewed it. He is getting better, although, much to Katharine's dismay, he chewed the toes out of her favorite pair of toe socks....Bummer.

This year was more laid back then previous years. I got all the shopping done early and wrapped early. Much less stress this way. It has been a quiet day. David made some unkneaded bread and studied his new camera. Zoe spent her time playing with her playstation2 games in her cozy TIVO slippers among other plush items she got today. Katharine bopped around from her new CD's and new outfits to try on to her new TV. Her new TV is very cute. Only weighs eighteen pounds. Her old TV broke months ago and she was happy to get a new one. We hooked it up without cussing once. I spent some time napping from a pain pill with an added muscle relaxer. I got some wonderful Body Shop lotion for seriously chapped skin. It rocks. My hands haven't felt this soft in eons. I got a car kit for my iPod. That's pretty cool.

The ham is in the oven. Katharine just finished the mashed taters. I should get going so I can find a veggie to put on the table.

I wish everybody a very Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or Holiday Season..... I hope everybody got to spend time with loved ones and all are healthy and happy. And to all, a good night.

5 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

So glad to hear that you had a beautiful Christmas, Nancy!

Here's wishing you a beautiful 2007!

Love you,
Sarah

Carie said...

I am glad your christmas was so great :) ours was as well...always a nice day when you get to spend it with your family...just next year we are going to do christmas eve with one family and christmas with the other so we don't have to run all around :) HAppy New Years :)

zbjernak said...

hello nancy...
merry christmas to you
and a happy new year to you and your family...

have fun....

and now i have my own site... www.zbjernak.net

Dr. Deb said...

NAncy,

Wanted to pop in a wish you, GOM and the girls a great 2007!

~Deb

for_the_lonely said...

Happy 2007, Nancy! I love ya!!!