Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday Morning

It's foggy this morning. Not the drippy fog, but the fog that impares viewing the mountains and ocean this morning. I am wearing three layers, two sweaters and I am still cold. I have had several cups of coffee and it helps somewhat. Most people would not consider 50 degrees cold, but out here on my office/deck, or perch as my husband David would say, it is.

Charlie is out of his night time crate and has been fed. The birds are tweeting away and are fat and happy. A hummer was taking fur from the carpeted cat habitrail and using it for a nest, undoubtedly. Nature here is wonderful. Red tailed hawks nesting and crows trying to get at them. Loud.

Morning has broken. Time to wake Katharine. She is a docent at the tide pools today for the third Sunday. Girl Scouts, trying to finish earning their bronze award. Next Sunday is the last day for this! Yippee.

She has been spending her Saturdays rehearsing for Pippi Longstocking. Rehearsals during the week too. She LOVES everything about acting. Only 12, but has known for years that she wants to be an actress. She loves to sing too. She will succeed at whatever she chooses. Shows at the end of the month. All very exciting, her first "real' play.

Zoe has been reading as usual. 13,000 pages or so lately. She keeps track. Writes beautiful poetry. Holds a lot in I think and lets it out thru her poetry. Anime nut too. Loves the Japanese songs as well. Would like to learn Japanese.

Both solid A students and always have been. We are very lucky for that. Cuz, their homework is too hard for me!!! Can't believe Zoe will be in high school next year. Time flies is not a lie.

They went to see the King and I last night and didn't get to bed til 1:00. Can't wait to hear the groan when I wake her. Have put it off long enough. Here I go......

No comments: