Tuesday, April 19, 2005

WifeBear

My friend Jana gave me the name WifeBear. I have been called a lot of things over the years, but I loved that name....Thanks Jana.

You will have to wait for tomorrow for the next chapter in the Choices story. Not enough time today.... Well, maybe, not sure yet. Katharine actually wants to eat before rehearsal. Got a roast in the crock pot, should be done now...

Today was sad to remember Oklahoma City from ten years ago. I had a cousin and his wife in the building. She went back up two times to get men who were trapped and badly hurt. She was only there cuz one of her friends was having a baby shower that day. Normally she would have already been out in the field. She went to the other side of the building for something and the bomb went off. All that were at the baby shower and many others were killed. She is a small woman and she literally carried the men, one at a time, over her shoulder all the way down. She was going back up again when my cousin found her covered in blood and she was unaware of how badly injured she was.

Now has short term memory loss, some paralysis and will never work again. There is a lot more to the story, but you get the gist. Bad for all, the survivors, our country.

The Pope was elected today. Whoopy. Preempted my shows. I suppose that is a good thing for some people though.....

A GOOD thing that happened today was I lost another 2.8 pounds. Almost 15 in three weeks now....

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

I am a big fan of Thomas Hardy. In "Far From the Madding Crowd" he describes the heroine Bathsheba Everdene thus: She was of the stuff of which great men's mothers are made. She was indispensable to high generation, hated at tea parties, feared in shops, and loved at crises.

Sounds like a Victorian version of WifeBear to me...