Friday, June 16, 2006

Another Eight Days

It has been eight days since my last post. Doesn't that sound like I am making a confession to a Priest? It does feel that way, the guilt is real!

I know we are all busy right now. Beginning of summer. Kids finishing school. Finishing up work that must be taught by the end of the year, which is next week, being crammed into their already full schedules. And all the shows for elective classes and after school activities!

Last night we went to Zoe's Chorus Concert. It was AWESOME. They sang all eras of Broadway show tunes. Most poignant was their singing For Good to the outgoing Principal. The songs lyrics say, "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good. It was so very touching. The one thing that hasn't happened to me in a long time happened though. I got a tall guy in the seat in front of me who seemed to move his head to the left or right simultaneously with mine! Not to mention, I was first in line at the door, got a good seat and at the very last minute, Mr. Six Foot Five sits his ass right in view of my daughter singing! UGH

Spring Registration for Girl Scouts just ended. This is important to me because I am the GS Registrar for Laguna Beach. We are just going online so I am now a glorified data entry person as well. It will take a lot of time to input all the registrations, but it will be worth it and it is fun. I just flashed on writing this or a portion of this before. Oh well.

I was listening to Bill Gates yesterday. He still sounds like a very young man. Nerdy guys really come into their own in their fifties! They finally look better than the rest of the boys they went to school with. They look younger, their wives have updated their clothes, their glasses and tossed the pocket protectors as well. Good for them! Good for us that Mr. Gates and his wife will work to help the world. We need it. So, thank you to them!

School gets out on Thursday. I am stoked about that. There will be plenty of things going on this summer, but the schedule will be more laxed. Katharine has rehearsals for Narnia, lots of them! Hopefully, more auditions in LA during the day. I do hope she spends time playing at the beach too, just to relax.

Zoe will be helping David at his office this summer. She will be running the place by the end of summer, I have no doubt. She is going to an Anime (Japanese cartoons) Convention soon with her cousin. Her cousin is dying her hair and dressing up. She is also coming to stay with us for a week, right after school gets out. Again later in the summer as well. Zoe and David are going to DC and NYC in July. Seeing family in NYC and being tourists in DC. It's gonna be hot!

That's about it. I hope everybody is well and I will be blog surfing very soon, I hope! Unless of course I run off to Tahiti for a few weeks! Don't laugh, it could happen!

9 comments:

lightfeather said...

It's good to catch up with your comings and goings. You have a lot ging on and good stuff for you! That is wonderful!

A Flowered Purse said...

I wanna run to Tahiti with you!! LOL
My kids have been out of school almost a month now. UGH Its already hectic here!
At savannahs bible school recital, someone kept getting in front of us, its such a pain!
Good luck with girl scout registrations and narnia rehersals and auditions!
Have a wonderful weekend
Love
Dianna

author said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi said...

Nice to see u back :)

Goodluck with Tahiti! How awesome.

Carie said...

wow...Ashley got out of school a week ago...poor girl, all her friends left the country for the sumer lol...Life gets so hectic for me as well around this time, trying to get her out and about, camping and all the family activiteis, lol Tahiti sounds great now lol

Jan said...

I have the same problem with people sitting in front of me....anyone over 5ft 3 in blocks my view.
I hope your summer is funfilled...enjoy Tahiti....only if we can come along though..LOL

alan said...

Somehow the next generation of school auditoriums will probably be stadium seating; hopefully in time for your grandkids and my great-grandkids!

Tahitian dreams I could never laugh at, only lust for!

Hope you and your wonderful family have a great summer!

alan

Dr. Deb said...

I can excite it about school being finished too!!

Cindy said...

Nancy,

I've been just as guilty as you! Are you watching Deadwood on your brand new TV? I heard this will be the last season.