Friday, July 14, 2006

Long time no post

It seems like forever since I posted. It has been a busy summer. Hot too, as I am sure you know.

David and Zoe are leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow for DC and NYC. I am taking them to the airport about 5 AM. I think they will have a great time. They are meeting David's sister Phoebe in Charlottesville, VA, then going to see Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. Next they will do some touristy things in DC and make their way up to NYC to see Phoebe (again) and other relatives. I think they will have a very good time. Zoe is not too keen on seeing old mansions. She has seen enough of those in our own state capitol apparently. I bet she will like the Smithsonian though.

Katharine is still doing nightly rehearsals for Narnia that will open and play eight shows next month. Exciting news is that today she auditioned for a music video and got the gig! They asked Zoe if she wanted to audition too and she said no. I told Katharine last week that people get offers like Zoe did all the time in Hollywood. A couple of weeks ago we met sisters who were auditioning. Only one was auditioning one day and they took her sister too. Now they both audition. Not Zoe though, we need her to be the shrink for our family.

Anyhow, I had never heard of this band until we researched it a few nights ago. I like them, they are punk rock and play to younger teens. They shoot the music video for one of their new songs next Friday. Katharine plays a tough funky teen. Serious acting for this role! It will be about 110 degrees, but it is her first real gig and we are very excited for her, but not as excited as she is! I will share more details after it is done.

I have not been feeling well this week. Better tonight, but the heat is a killer. Drinking lots of water and keeping it down is a good thing. Tomorrow I will hit 21 weeks (or five months!) of no smoking and have over $700 in my non smoking account. My brother reminded me that my dad bought a 1969 VW with money he saved with his cigarette fund.

We did go see The Devil Wears Prada. I loved Meryl Streep in her role. Sarcastic and just great one liners! This movie is not for young girls who have a tendency to think they are fat. They say in the movie, that size six is the new fourteen. And one girl says that she is one good stomach flu away from her goal weight. I actually thought that was funny. I know, that is bad of me. Good movie though, one I want to own and see again. I bought a couple of used DVD's from Netflix. Nothing is over 9.99 and they are guaranteed. Some of the videos are 5.99. I think the most recent video I got was the Family Stone, it's pretty good.

I am done with Girl Scout registrations finally. I have to admit, it was a lot of work. I will be getting on to cleaning off my pool table, cleaning out junk drawers and sending some Barbie stuff to a little girl in KY. Things I have been meaning to get to forever! Not to mention visiting blogs that I haven't read in far too long!

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I've been thinking about buying some movies from Netflix, but haven't done so yet. Do they bill seperately for that or do they just tack it on to your monthly bill?

Jaded said...

The East Coast trip sounds fantastic! I've never toured the old mansions in CA, but the ones in this part of the country are generally older, for obvious reasons, and exceptionally beautiful.

Congrats to Katharine on booking the video.

We're about to get our first really big heat wave of the summer...temps in the high 90's to over 100 with super high humidity. Ugh. If I didn't have AC I don't know what I'd do!

I've been dying to see the Prada movie. Just have to find the time when a babysitter is available.

Glad you're all ok, although I hope you're feeling better!

Heidi said...

I'm Zoe will have a great time! Congrats ot Kathering on her first video shoot, that is so exciting.

Can't stop with the congrats..A big one to you for the non-smoking and added $$$.

Nancy..As soon as I saw Devil Wears Prada I had to look away..I'm going to see the movie tonight..LOL

alan said...

Congratulations on the winning the toughest battle you'll ever face!

I still have moments 15 years later when I could light "the next one" I've been avoiding, usually when in close proximity to a Marlboro...

In awe of Katherine for her "gig"; proud of Zoe as well for her talents; I hope when she gets to Monticello she's impressed with Jefferson if not the mansion!

I'd love to be making that trip with them; DC and the Smithsonian would be so wonderful!

alan