Sunday, July 16, 2006

OUTSOURCING

Titled: World Class Talent

I have cooled off since I first wanted to post this. I called Circuit City today to discuss somebody wiring our TV and other connectable items and I got to talk to a woman in India! She spoke so fast that I could not understand most of what she said and I asked her to repeat every question at least once. I cannot even tell you how much this PISSED ME OFF!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with our country? Okay, bad question. Why are we sending phone calls to India instead of giving them to some people who can work from home? I mean, seriously, come on! It can be anybody who needs money who answers the phone. Just as long as we can understand them. How about those unfortunate people who call us and we hang up on them for bothering us during, well, anything. Telemarketers are in dire need of money to take the haranguing they get. Why not keep the customer service in this country and give those verbally abused people a break? In turn, giving the rest of us a break because we can understand the person on the other end of the call!

We could do this here! DUH!!!

After she takes my information, she has to call somebody in the states and they have to call me back. Seems pretty damn stupid if you ask me. I know AOL does it, I know other companies do it as well. I was rather surprised to hear the Indian woman on the phone today. I am sure I sounded annoyed. I could have probably been nicer, but we have so many homeless and poor people making below poverty line minimum wages in this country. It seems pretty lame to be sending away jobs that they can have.

Outsourcing really pisses me off! For the record, I am reasonably sure the woman I spoke with and others in the past and future, are perfectly nice people. That is not the point!

8 comments:

Playground In My Mind said...

I am with you and your rant. We keep sending everything every where else. I do not know if we are doing those people a favor either. Sweat shops-children being pushed into slavery or the like. We pay so much attention to other country's needs; we really need to focus here...Katrina, homelessness; famine-right here in the USA. Renee

alan said...

When I first hired in 28 years ago we had 5,000 on two shifts to build 11 cars a day. Now we have 1100 to build the same number. Some of the jobs were outsourced to local "vendors", but a lot more of them went to Mexico and other places...

Meanwhile, the "Board" and the shareholders are smiling all the way to the bank!

alan

Carie said...

I hate when my internet goes down and I get some dude in another country telling me how to fix it, then they have to send my call back to our local internet provider only to be told service is down due to a wreck or something...pisses me off so bad

Playground In My Mind said...

Hey, Nanc...hope things are better:) Renee

Just Jan said...

Ohhhh..I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one that feels this way!!! I agree 100%. Way too many companies these days are outsourcing and yes it pisses me off!!!!!

A Flowered Purse said...

I am soooooooooo agreeing with you. Calling AOL for tech support is the same way. Its probably cheaper for them to outsource, but the customer service is worse.
Have a great weekend
Love
dianna

Dr. Deb said...

I don't get this outsourcing at all either. It is a terrible thing that companies do this. I share your anger and resentment.

Rant on!

Anonymous said...

Cash Making Opportunities - The Beginning The working life is already tough enough, but the worries of being out of work was even tougher. The unsecured working environment have prompted me to search the internet for an alternative source of extra income so that I could learn how to Make Money Work for me and be Financially Independent. I listed down a number of Free Internet Business Opportunity Ideas while researching ways how people earn money online while working-from-home


www.onlineuniversalwork.com