Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's been too long

I have been thinking about posting. I looked at the date of my last post today and couldn't believe it has been almost two weeks. I truly don't have much to say though. Things are pretty mundane around here.

I yelled at a solicitor on the phone yesterday. Well, not really yelled, but told her off. I was stern and apparently not very nice according to my kids. In my defensive, these people had called yesterday, NINE times! In their defense, I didn't pick up the phone until the ninth time. Our phone tells how many times somebody calls and it adds up until it is erased, so I knew exactly how many times these people had called. No need to be here to count. When I saw they were at eight calls, I was already pissed. Their misfortune, that they called again. The phone rang, their name shows up and I asked Katharine to hand me the phone. She passed it to me as if they were a sibling in big trouble!

The poor girl on the phone, told me she was glad she got me because she had two specials she wanted to tell me about. I told her I didn't want to listen to her specials and that I had asked once before, that they stop calling me. I told her I didn't want eight or ten phone calls a day from them any more and that I would never order from them again, so take me off their list! For an instant I thought she had already hung up on me, but she was still there and said, "okay."

When I got off the phone, my girls were sympathetic to her. "That was sooooo mean!" "She was only doing her job." "I feel sorry for her." I explained that I was not trying to be mean but to get my point across to the little girl up in Nebraska who would probably have a lousy night because of me. For that, I am sorry. However, I am not sorry about telling off the company. Seriously, I did one online order with them because it was a pretty good deal. I didn't know I would be subjected to a plethora of daily calls for eternity. Hopefully, it is all over!

4 comments:

alan said...

I put all 3 of our phones on the "do not call" list several years ago now; it's meant I get woken up by the phone a whole lot less!

Of course, there are still the politicians who made sure they still get to call...

alan

Nancy said...

Trust me, I have been on that list since day one. But, if you buy something from a company, it overrides the do not call list, unless you tell them again to take you off their list.

If you are a customer of their's, they may call.

Political and charities are excluded from the do not call list. BS if you ask me! Politics as ususal....

Jaded said...

I thought of you today because I had to call to activate my new Discover card (old one expired) and when they transfered me to customer service, the recording said: You're now being transfered to our Arizona Customer Service Center!

It's like they were trying to make sure you know you're not being sent to India for customer service!

A Flowered Purse said...

I can so relate, we have a no call list here and even though I am on it, i get calls. I just let savannah answer and they hang up on me LOL
have a great week
Love
dianna