Saturday, August 12, 2006

Little of this and that

There are two woodpeckers that I hear the same time each morning. I took my camera out on Monday and listened to their sounds to finally find one. I snapped one bird's photo, but never did see the other. The photos are just too far away. I just saw the woodpecker again and I am dying to know what kind it is. It doesn't look nor sound like the kind we are used to having around. The name completely escapes me at this point. Then again other things do to, I blame it on menopause or perimenopause, as it seems to be an epidemic amongst my friends and myself. Does that sound right?

This is finally the last weekend (three more shows) of Narnia! Katharine has a couple of weeks of play time or sleep time. Zoe is bored and would rather be back in school. The first couple of days are usually fun too and that is exciting to look forward to.

Spring registration seems as if it just ended for Girl Scouts. Now we will begin Fall Registration for those who didn't, wouldn't or couldn't sign up during spring. Not to mention, well, actually I am, Fall Product sales begin too. I am in charge of that as well. And while most of the nuts are are a good deal at $5, they are raising them. So, get out your quarter or two and pay the newly upped price of the GS nuts, in the can I mean. The cashews are still a good deal and they are really good. Usually they have some kind of peanut brittle or something in a nice holiday tin which is a perfect gift for a teacher, paperboy/girl, mailman/woman, gardner and anybody else you may want to give a small gift to during the holidays. Some people are upset by the quarter or fifty cent increase. I see it as a nice challenge for some of the younger girls to learn to count back change. A lost art if you ask me. And, these girls will tell you thank you. Not wait til you say thank you and then tell you, you're welcome. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I may not have a lot of hobbies, but I have many pet peeves!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I am off to get some yummy tomatoes among other things at the farmer's market with my friend Jana. We have make this a Saturday morning ritual. It is great fun. We have known each other for about ten years, when she was my youngest brother's girlfriend. We have an email and phone relationship and didn't see each other nearly enough. Now we see each other every Saturday morning before everybody gets up!!!!

Happy weekend and nice cool weather to you all.

7 comments:

alan said...

A lot of people at work bring in their daughter's Girl Scout cookies to sell, but I've never seen nuts for sale here!

I'll be looking though!

I don't eat them because I have way too many crowns, but my wife loves them. I buy her almonds at macadamias at Costco all the time...

alan

lightfeather said...

Just got caought up on your life. Lots of things going on. I am so totally with you about Outsourcing! Hurray for Katherine and enjoy that farmer's market. Life just simply gets no better than that!

Heidi said...

I still never had a Girl Scout cookie..lol

Have a great weekend Nancy ..Fall is around the corner...The nights are much cooler now.

Cindy said...

Every now and then we get a woodpecker in our neighborhood. I've yet to actually see one though.
Perimenopause, I'm hoping I'm there as well.

Dr. Deb said...

I looooove the Girl Scout cookies.

Hope you had fun at the farmers market. Nothing like delicious fruits and veggies.

for_the_lonely said...

Hey Nancy! I have missed you! :)

It has been great reading up on what has been going on in your life! The GS sales sound like a lot of fun! Now that I am back in Texas, and in GS country, I am sure that I will find cookies and nuts galore here!

Glad to read that you are doing so well! Miss you!

Love you bunches,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

is also holiday season now..
and i LOVE when school is OFF...

because tht means lesser cars on the road... yippie!

hehe