Friday, June 22, 2007

School's OUT

Today is the last day of school for my girls. Poor Zoe the tenth grader has two last finals today. That is no way for a last day to end! She has worked very hard this year and I am happy she will not be doing hours of homework every night. High school is different from when I was there. We didn't spend all our time studying and thinking about what we needed to do to get into college. It is insane that they can't just be students and have some fun as well. I hope she has a good summer and does lots of stuff with her friends. I am so proud of the young women she is. She is sooo smart, works super hard and is beautiful inside and out.

Today is also Katharine's last day of eighth grade. She graduates this afternoon and doesn't have to be at school until then. She is still sleeping. It will be a tissue day for sure during graduation. I remember getting all choked up when Zoe graduated eighth grade, and of course I will do the same with Katharine. Difference is this year, all of the girls who have been in Katharine's girl scout troop since first grade will graduate too, among other close friends. It feels like they are "our" girls too. All of the troop moms feel this way. We all look at this group of smart, lovely and talented girls as "ours" and will absolutely need tissue! I am very proud of Katharine too. She is also smart and has energy to burn, especially if it has to do singing or acting! In fact, she begins rehearsals for the next play on Monday.

Cheers to a very happy summer! :)

3 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I hope you and your family have a most wonderful summer.

alan said...

May this summer be the best yet for all of you!

alan

Heidi said...

Have a great summer to you and your family! :)