Saturday, June 02, 2007

I forgot my password!~

It has been so long since my last post that I FORGOT my damn password! That is just crazy. Why have a blog at all if I am not going to post exciting, funny stuff?

Truth be told, (I never use that expression in real life) I haven't blogged lately because I just don't have anything much to say. I am not feeling particularly funny either. I prefer funny posts to the mundane crap of the daily hustle and bustle. But, I have to work with what I've got, or I will forget my password again.

Yesterday, I went to Costco. I don't go as often as I used to for several reasons, but mainly, I don't really need to buy five pounds of muscles. But, I did. David said, "I can't eat this many." Of course he could if he froze some for a later date or ate some today too. Nobody really likes to mess with seafood though. Eat it as soon as it arrives or it is suspect. Once suspect, it will sit in the freezer for a year. But, they were soooo cheap!

I do like buying meat there. Excellent prices for meat that freezes well. And bread. My youngest enjoys the miniature loaves of bread. Six to a bag. I put them in the freezer and she takes one out the night before and has it for breakfast the next morning. Just like it came from the bakery. It is worth the time it takes to freeze things. Much cheaper than the grocery store, especially in this town.

On to vitamins. Holy moly, it takes me forever to choose vitamins. I bought some vitamin E and some fish oil, which I was okay with, because I liked what I bought a few months ago. Some has more omega 3 and some has more fish oil, but the decision was made and I wrote down the name. It saves time and angst. However, it happened again when I needed a new bottle of multivitamins.

If you put the "supplemental facts" next to each other, they are different in quantity of various vitamins. Easy enough right? Not exactly. The bottle I replaced was MEGAVITAMINS. One a Day don't even come close to the numbers of the mega doses. But, do I need 5333% of my daily value in Thiamin? 4706% Riboflavin, 1333% B12? Maybe I do, but I am betting 100% is okay too. So, no more megavitamins for the next few months while I finish the One a Day tablets.

I just realized why they do those frustrating math word problems in school. If a train is going 100 mph and you left the station at 3:00, how long would it take a duck to fly the same distance, with a wounded wing? I just realized those MEGAVITAMINS said to TAKE 2 a day. At least One a Day is obvious....Right?

3 comments:

alan said...

I do Costco and Sam's once a week; they are right across the highway from each other, so it's easy enough to hit them both and cherrypick the best from each...

Some minerals your body doesn't process as well when the years start rolling up, so that's why some of those numbers go higher.

Exciting is that you are taking care of our future!

alan

Heidi said...

I'm glad u signed in again with a password..I have so many different ones there on post-its..Now if I can only remember when I put those post-it reminders..ugh.

author said...

oh my goodness Nancy blogged!
I had forgotten my password here
too. When I recently reopened grey matter, I had to have it sent to me LOL

Our "costco" is "Sams Club" here in the south. We go about once every other month and stock up on staples.
I try not to go more often because I spend too much there.

Remind me to email you my home address LOL. Would love the drawer contents!

So glad to see you post. I used to love stopping by to see what you wrote out on the back patio each morning. Not to mention your wonderful floral pictures.

How is the rude neighbor?