Monday, June 04, 2007

The Sopranos Next to Last Episode

I was disappointed in the Sopranos last night. I was left asking if that was it? It was as if they were using the hour to set up the final bloodbath, I mean episode. It's okay to use the show in that way, of course, but there were so many things out of character, which didn't add up for me.

The Sopranos are portrayed as a strong family. At any given meal or at the Bing, there are plenty of them. I realize some have been killed off, but did the rest leave when Christopher died? Last night, only four or five and all alone. Why was Tony alone without a body guard until the end? They were walking around without taking precautions. They knew before the FBI dude told him, that the hit was on. Why didn't Tony and Bobby get Carm and the kids and creepy Janice and her baby and step kids (God help those kids with Bobby gone) and move them to safety immediately? Why wait until Phil and his family had time to plan? And why did they all go to one location so they can just exterminate them all at once. Only a cockroach can survive that kind of thing. That doesn't seem so smart to me. Plus, the first thing Tony does when he gets to the safe house is go to sleep! No planning? Even Paris Hilton planned her entrance to jail with minimum paparazzi present....

I wonder what supersonic aircraft the Italians took to get to Jersey so quickly. It took us about 17 hours to get to Italy. The beauty of TV. But, this is HBO and this is supposed to be quality programming.

Bobby was alone, buying trains when he knew of the hit? How freaking lame is that? I know his phone was in the car with his coat, so he was not told to shake up his routine. That was a given and I would think if he wasn't thinking about moving his family, the least he could have done, was keep the phone with him as one of Tony's captains.

I thought it abrupt and unnecessary for Dr. Melfi to fire Tony last night too. Are you telling me that she read that he would be worse with talky therapy last night, for the first time in seven years? I think some continuing education would have served her well if that is the case. Good thing she was at that dinner party with all her shrink friends, or she would have never known it was time to fire him.

Maybe she will take him back when the movie comes out. That is of course if Tony survives. At the rate they are going it doesn't look good for him. I heard they filmed three different endings. It has to be tragic, so I would think at least one Soprano has to die. Maybe AJ as he wants to die anyhow. I hope they leave Carmella alone. It could also be Meadow too, cuz she is with her boyfriend as if nobody will know to look there for her. As of last night, did anybody tell her not to go home to get a home cooked meal from Carm? I really hope they are not going to have Tony stay in the room and flashback on the last seven years and then shoot it out. Lots of loose ends left untied. Hopefully we will be rewarded with a well written finale, but at this point, I am skeptical...

5 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Yup, I felt that way too. I read that DAvid Chase felt it was a flat ending. They added one more to finish the storyline. I would have been upset if the series ended with that last scene. Unsatisfying. And don't get me started on how Melfi abandoned Tony. Sheesh!

Devid said...

Last episode of the Sopranos is awesome.I have seen all the seasons of this.The show is my all time Favorite.The Sopranos pretty Great show.Last night i was looking to download the Sopranos episodes and i found the great source to watch this Show.

Anonymous said...

The best online Smallville 1-7 seasons DVD Boxset , CSI NY CSI Maimi, Jericho Season 1-2 DVD Boxset,
Supernatural Seasons 1-3 DVD Boxset , Lost Season 1-4 DVD Boxset, Cold Case Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset and more at DVDSetPro
.

Anonymous said...

I have seen this series online. This is very interesting series and its plot is great. All seasons are very interesting. I always Download The Sopranos Episodes from here.....B'coz I love to watch this show.

Anonymous said...

The Sopranos is the best show of television. It has great storyline which is different and unique. I like this show very much.