Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sopranos Finale

When the finale ended tonight, I thought it sucked. After thinking and talking about it, I decided it was an okay ending. Instead of killing everybody David Chase left it up to our imagination.

The family seems to have come out alive. Meadow will become a mouthpiece with a starting salary of $170,000, Carmella and Tony were thrilled. AJ went, hook line and sinker for the entertainment industry and got himself a nice BMW M3 and told his friend how great the gas mileage was. This after he wanted to save the planet. Carm had her house to fix up that she got at an estate sale. Tony survived, or so I imagine. Pauly was fine, not so happy being a skipper again, but walking around fine. Creepy Janice hit up Uncle Jun to get his money. Tony was very emotional seeing Junior not remember anything or anybody.

We got to see Tony take a therapy session about AJ and make it about himself, while Carmella had daggers in her eyes. Makes me think he has a new shrink, if he wants one.

The cat staring at Christopher's photograph and annoying the hell out of Pauly was hilarious. Nine lives, reincarnation of Chris? Who didn't love Anthony and his sarcasm about Pauly seeing the Virgin Mary at the Bing?

I have to admit, the scene in which Phil was shot was pretty funny. Normally I would not laugh as an SUV rolled over somebody's head, but for some reason it was his appropriate comeuppance.

So, I was not upset with the ending. I actually liked it.

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

YUCKY-SUCKY from my perspective too. I know that David Chase has closure issues, and boy it sure showed in the finale.

If there was going to be happy ending, just show it. If one of the suspicious looking guys was gonna come out guns-a-blazing show that.

But don't leave nothing.

I actually thought my cable went out!