Thursday, December 15, 2005

Finally

I got all excited because I saw all the characters on the top of the page on AOL for posting. I clicked bold and my post disappeared. POOF. Crap. Of course it doesn't work, I have a MAC!!! Or, I am just not understanding how to use the different fonts and colors. It says error, so I am pretty sure it is not me. I normally use Safari, cuz, well, AOL truly does suck. I should give it up, but it was my first! I should know by now that it will be very slow in the evening because everybody is on at the same time. And half the time I cannot get on websites, so I use Safari. It is almost like having dial up again!

I suppose I am too lazy to use the HTML to make the font bold, italic, or even to change the color on my posts. But, I am not very HTML savvy either. That is why they always look the same. The words may be different unless I am on one of my current rants, but the font, size and color is ALWAYS the same. See, I would have put always in italic. Not caps...I know if I click the italic letter at the top of this composition, I will lose the whole thing! I have learned to copy and send most posts to myself before I publish too. Not an AOL problem there, well, I suppose it could be, but sometimes posts go poof and I hate to redo the post. Especially if they are funny and I forget what I had typed or if I am no longer as witty as I was when I originally composed the post, before it went poof. Cuz, you know when your post goes poof, you are not really in a good or even funny mood any longer. Poof equals mood modifier. And not in a good way...

So, the title, Finally, see I cannot even underline the title. Finally, is in reference to shopping being done and vacation is one day away for the girls. Not too much scheduled for next week. Only night time stuff and those are parties and Christmas caroling, which is fun! Tonight, Zoe is singing in her Christmas concert at the high school. Oops, did I say Christmas concert? Oh noooooo. I suppose it really is a Holiday concert cuz they are singing many different songs. I am looking forward to hearing the chorus tonight though. Zoe loves to sing. And I love (would be in bold if I could do it) seeing her happy. She is happiest when she is singing.

Only a couple of gifts left to wrap. Christmas cards were mailed out a couple of weeks ago. Last year, I mailed them in time for New Year's Day, which of course is a holiday! Yes, they were really tardy. Last night I realized the stockings were not up. I can't believe I forgot them, nor that the girls didn't remind me! We will find them with other decorations I am sure. Up in the rafters or in the storage unit. I am not putting up any more decorations though, only the stockings.

Did you know that the Rose Parade is on Monday Jan 2nd this year? How weird is that? My friend who grew up in Pasadena said that they NEVER (should be bold) have the Rose Parade on a Sunday! I have lived here my whole life and I didn't know that. I guess my mind has been on other things. My friend said, "Monday should be a holiday too, because the Rose Parade is on that day and we ALWAYS (bold) watch it together with hot cocoa." Therefore, I am pretty sure her daughter will be getting an extra day off for the break. I mentioned recording it and watching it that night, but that would not be the same.

We had an earthquake yesterday. Until late last night, I thought Charlie/Steve and I were the only ones who knew about it. I turned on the news and nothing. I looked online and nothing again. I picked up Zoe from school and asked her and she said she didn't feel it either. An earthquake, under only our house, and it shook like crazy. Okay, there must be some explanation, the neighbors house went boom??? Nope, I looked. And before you think me evil, I would not have wanted him to go boom, just away.

Katharine who had been at the movies came home about nine last night and I mentioned wanting to see the news. She said, "Oh, did you hear the big boom and feel the earthquake today?" I said, "Finally, somebody else felt it." She said most of the school did and some thought it was a sonic boom. Still, nothing in the papers or TV about it. We have Camp Pendleton blowing things up all the time, but this was different, it felt like an earthquake...Maybe some day I will know what it was.

My computer is in the shop. I will hear tomorrow what is wrong with it. Hopefully, it is just the back light on the screen. We shall see, and then I can get it fixed and have it back, finally.

8 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

I did not hear of an earthquake , either...weird...

I putz aroudn with HTML...one time I did it too much, though, and totally messed up my blog. How agravating! Now, I just stick to what I know! LOL

I hope that you have a wondeful time at Zoe's concert!

Love ya,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

perhaps is santa's sleigh

hohoho...

a bit early...no?

hehehehehehhe

Carie said...

I hope you figure it out...the boom I mean...

I am finished shopping as well, well as much shopping as I could do lol...but I have not wrapped it yet lol...

alan said...

I may have to worry about tornadoes, and it might be 110 some summers, and humid forever, but I worry about people I like who live the other side of those fault lines out there...

Playground In My Mind said...

I hate (italics)it when our computer is on the fritz. It happens too often. I never (bold, underscore) like this one anyway. Bought from a company who "piece-meals" them together. Booooo Waste of a lot (bold, itlaics, underscore) of dough!!!! ;)Renee

Playground In My Mind said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the bright one said...

lees than sign, i and then greater than sign to close it for italic, just do b for bold to close them just put less than/letter of choice and greater than after the word(s) to end it.

Phoebe said...

Zoe can clearly do the HTML thing. You can learn to do it too!

But really, shouldn't your brilliant writing express what you mean without the bold, etc? You may need to underline things from time to time. (Although apparently you can't use it here!) But don't get too excited about these silly additions.

Expect a UPS package on 12/22. Some if it can be opened and used on or before the holiday if you are so inclined.