Friday, December 30, 2005

Migration

I have been migrating my old computer information to my new one that I got for Christmas. I thought I would get everything, including all the files on my desktop. I still may, I have not had enough patience to deal with it for a lengthy time today.

I started using the firewire and hand picking applications that I wanted to transfer. After about fifteen of those, I found Migration. Click here and transfer all your info. Cool. Now, what do I do with the other stuff I transferred, did Migration know that I had already done it or not? I have opened each icon and checked in applications to see if it was there, then dragged the icons to the trash. I have not emptied the trash though. Too soon for that.

I transferred AOL and it seemed fine and working. Next time I logged in, I had to set up AOL again. Which of course means that I lost all my saved mail! I suppose that is not such a big deal since in got a new hard drive in the old computer this past summer and I lost it all then as well. Nothing like a good cleaning for the beginning of a brand new year eh?

I will figure it out. I am feeling better, but not very energetic today. Tomorrow, I, am taking down all the decorations and putting the house back in order. I say "I" but I really mean the girls and I are doing it tomorrow.

We are expecting some real rain tomorrow, so it will be a good day to clean up the inside of the house. Then all the boxes can go back into the storage unit and I can begin on the garage which has been terribly neglected since the last time it was cleaned. It depresses me to walk thru it, so it needs to be taken care of. No reason to wait til Spring.

I have made no New Year's resolutions and I plan to stick to that. I hate breaking them, therefore, I don't make them.

It is supposed to rain on Monday as well and that means rain on the Rose Parade for the first time in fifty years. It has only rained a handful of times on Rose Parade day in a hundred years. I say, rain rain rain! People see how beautiful and clear Pasadena is and they want to move here and many do. Much better to see some hard rain and realize that California is not the perfect weather capitol of America. It is to some. I love the rain. It clears the air and makes everything so clear. David had only lived in Santa Monica for six months and one day he was at the grocery store and noticed there were mountains! That is true California weather, at least in the summer!

Happy New Year to you all.

11 comments:

alan said...

So glad you are feeling better in time for New Year's Eve. Take it easy and let the others carry most of the load for a few days; we don't need a relapse! Sorting out the bugs in your new computer is a good excuse to delegate the undecorating, right?

The Happiest of New Years to you and yours! Thank you for your kind words and your kind heart, they are too few in this world!

alan

for_the_lonely said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better!!! Don't work too much this weekend...rest yourself, and enjoy the New Year! Best wishes to you and yours in 2006!!! I love you!

Love,
Sarah

Heidi said...

Nancy..Rest and save your strength for 2006! Glad your feeling better.

Happy New Year my friend..Wishing you lots of good health and happiness always.

Hugs~

Lois Lane said...

Wait a minute. Did you say you can walk through your garage? I have so much stuff in mine, no room for a car or walking. LOL.
Good luck getting everything set up on the new computer.
Happy New Year!
Lois Lane

Cindy said...

Happy New Year Nancy, I'm glad you're feeling better. Today should be a day of just hanging out and doing nothing! I just got back from the store, I had to get a few things, I was too tired to do it yesterday! Still got that grin on my face. My only resolution will be to continue going out more. I really have been having a blast!

Phoebe said...

Last night at the latke party I went to at cousin Dan's one of the guests told me about a new marketing ploy: India is touting itself to people in the Middle East as a place to visit during the rainy season. It's slow at all the resorts, but the Arabs and others love sitting in the rain, reading (!) in the rain, swimming at the resort's pool, etc. in the rain. When the rain stops, the kids start to complain. I guess it's all what you're used to.

New Year's Day dawn here as overcast and cool but not very cold. Happy New Year to all on Top Of The World!

Playground In My Mind said...

1 Jan 06-Hello and Happy New Year. I worked in the San Francisco Bay area during the floods of '82-such devastation. When I hear of the rains and mudslides, it makes me yearn for my crew and a chainsaw. I hope that you are not in the mudslide areas. Take care Renee

Dr. Deb said...

Dropping in to wish you, GOM and the girls a wonderful 2006!


xo,
Deb

Anne said...

happy new year, nancy.

zbjernak said...

happy belated new year
hahaha

i love raining
coz is cooler...
and i love cold weather
hehehe

Karen said...

my garage has a path down the center....it is on the list with all the other crap to clean out :)
the beginning of spring time always makes me dig out but in the winter I like to cocoon LOL !
wishing you and yours a very beautiful New Year.
hugs,
Karen