Thursday, February 23, 2006

Girl Scout Cookies Are Coming

Thin Mints

Tis that time. Starting next weekend, March 3rd, Girl Scout Cookie Sales Begin. The booth sales only last for two weeks, but by the time the sale is done, it seems like the cookies have been around for months. Everybody is tired of seeing them. Everybody has already bought some. Nobody wants to see them again for another year. Except the occasional cookie junkie. They will think they need just a couple more boxes in their freezer. They will bring them out in October and surprise their friends with GS cookies and tea!

I will get our troop cases on Tuesday, Feb. 27th and no, we may not sell them before Friday, March 3rd, so don't even ask! Sheesh. We didn't sell as many this year as we did last year. In fact, almost half as many. My garage will only have 87 cases this year. Still over a thousand boxes of cookies. The girls are older and they are not as in to it as they were when they were little. Just keeping a daughter in scouts by the seventh grade is not the easiest thing in the world either. They have already worked for and received their bronze award. They should be working toward their silver and then gold award, if they last that long. Luckily, when the girls get older, they don't have to wear the little brown or green uniforms. The downfall is that those little darlings in those brown and green uniforms can sell better cuz they are cuter! Missing front teeth and a big smile asking for you to buy a box of cookies. Who could resist that?

We will be selling after school on Friday, March 3rd and again on Sunday, March 5th. Wanting to sell while they are still new to customers was our thinking. But the second week, at least here in our small town, everybody has been hit up more than once and not everybody is very happy with seeing Girl Scouts at the entrance of the grocery store.

So, keep your eyes open and buy some cookies if you want!

*******

In other news, I am feeling so much better today that I am taking the girls shopping for a few things. Nothing too frivolous, just necessity stuff. Thank you to all of you who sent me get well wishes and those of you who tried to bully me, I mean persuade me, to go to the doctor. I did talk to a doctor, I just didn't go in. I knew what I had and I know how much better I feel now. Thank you!

We finally got a half inch of rain last weekend. We needed it even if it was a small amount. Back to the 70's today. Another chance of rain by Monday. Not holding my breath for that "storm" either.

12 comments:

Lois Lane said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better! Cookies do that for me too. ;)
Happy selling!
Lois Lane

Heidi said...

Goodluck with the cookies this year..And I'm happy to hear your feeling better. :)

Here's hoping for more rain.

zbjernak said...

never have those cookies thingy back here..
we have scouts...
but they dont do much for the society
they just enjoy themselves with their camping, activities and stuff

glad to hear u r back to ur usualself...

Grumpy Old Man said...

I'm heading for Malaysia with a container full of Girl Scout cookies.

They're crisp, though. A lot of Chinese desserts here seem to be kind of rubbery. Would my cookies sell?

Just Jan said...

oh no...not girl scout cookies!!!!...I just know someone from work will bring an order sheet in and I'm a sucker for girl scout cookies. What are they up to now $10 a box???? (teasing).

Glad you feel better....and better to bully someone you care about than ignore they have a problem as if you didn't care..(wink).

Unknown said...

oh man... i just lost 5 lbs...and now i'm going to gain 10 with the realease of the girl scout cookies!!!

...camp fire was selling their cookies two weeks ago.. i wasn't even tempted...because they weren't girl scout. hehehe

MMm Samoa's...and thin mints...so good!

for_the_lonely said...

I am *such* a cookie junkie! It's a sickness, I think...LOL! :)

Have fun with the cookie sale! That's what memories are made of ! :)

Have a great weekend!

Love you,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

hahahahaah
grumpyoldman... please...perhaps u can really make it a hit here...

alan said...

Forgive us for worrying, we love you!

alan

Jaded said...

Glad you're feeling better!

I just bought some cookies from my neighbor's daughter on Thursday, and pre-ordered some from one of my students, which I'll get on Tuesday. Yummy!

A Flowered Purse said...

This is the time of year I Hate having celiacs disease!!
Love
dianna
PS Have a great weekend!

SassyFemme said...

Mmmm, I adore Girl Scout cookies;
Thin Mints and All Abouts totally do it for me!