Sunday, February 12, 2006

Survived the Sleepover

All asleep this morning

Katharine awake, while the rest saw logs

Katharine modeling with all the other girls

Look at this gold metalic purse

opening gifts

Here we begin

Blowing out candles

Fifteen girls. Lots of giggling, dancing and singing. Lots of presents, food and beverages. Not the kind I am having right this very moment. I think they finally got to sleep about three this morning. I know that is about the time I fell asleep and was wide awake at five. Off to the store at 7:00 for bagels, donuts, muffins, cream cheese, oj, strawberries and bananas. One of the photos is of all the girls ASLEEP! All the furniture pushed up against the walls and sliding doors to make a big open space in hopes that nobody cracked their head open. It worked, I am happy to say!

Got home from the store, where I took my sweet time cruising, all the girls were awake. We cleaned off the table of what munchies were left from the night before and put out the new spread. After they ate, the girls started playing games again and I mentioned that their parents would be here soon. Nobody moved. I got a little more forceful and they picked up all their sleeping bags, pillows, blankets and stuffed animals and a couple actually asked for a broom! Yes, a broom! I love these girls! They are an awesome mix. Some more helpful than others, but all very nice.

One of the girls got a robot claw and got up on a bar stool and took out no less than two dozen balloons that were wrapped in one of the ceiling fans. That was very cool. About 10:30 all were gone. Katharine excused herself to her bedroom. Zoe, David and I cleaned up. David got the ladder and took out a leftover ribbon in the fan from last year or the year before. The fan has only worked on low for a long time and the penny dropped. It could have been the freaking ribbon all along. With the ribbon gone, the fan still works on low, but the ugly sound is gone. While the ladder was in the house, David decided to change the burned out light bulbs above the kitchen table fan. This, I knew would result in dead moths falling down. It did, we cleaned that up too. Needed to be done, not the best time, but, when is?

After we placed most of the furniture back where it belonged, I went down for a nap! I slept very peacefully for a solid two hours! Our bedroom was not as hot as upstairs. Usually stays about 10 to 15 degrees cooler than upstairs. I had the ceiling fan and another fan pointed at me and I conked out! It was lovely.

For dinner, fish filets, tater tots and chicken tenders. Katharine told me thank you for unfreezing the food! UGH and LOL.

We hit 90 today. I am envious of all of you in the nor'easter! Lucky ducks! We did get some cooler, foggy weather for a few days, then back to the heat wave. YUCK! I am glad to see that global warming has let some of us remember that winter still exists!

16 comments:

zbjernak said...

wow...tht is one hell of a good time... for the girls..

for u..i know...deep inside ur heart, u want them to leave as soon as possible...no?
hahahaha

had my fair chance when i was visiting my fren in kudat, a tiny town on the northern-most tip of Borneo island...

is a wooden house...surrounded by 'jungle'... and all...19 of us...slept in his living room

well, at the end, we used up their reserved water which normally last 3 months, we ate the fishes, a huge pots of clams, a huge pot of prawns and coconut juices.

we behaved, because his mom owned a short-gun and bring with her to sleep... ehheheheheheh
which was used to shoot wild boars, animals or thieves
hehehehehhehe

Nancy said...

Oh Jackie, 15 was nothing! From downstairs they sound like elephants, no matter if there were three or more. We couldn't watch 24, cuz it wasn't loud enough. It was fun though.


Zberjanak, Are you kidding me. Of course I wanted them to go home. But, not til this morning. The party was giggling and infectious and loads of fun!!!

alan said...

The crowd I could probably deal with; the lack of sleep would kill me! I used to "not survive" on less than 8 hours, I've been getting by on 6 for a month or so now, but I would have been unable to drive, let alone be civil on that amount of sleep!

Glad you survived!

If the fan doesn't run at all on the higher settings, it's just a switch, a $4 part and some time. If it keeps running, then the windings in the motor are most likely screwed up and you'll end up replacing it to get the higher speeds back...

alan

A Flowered Purse said...

OMG all those girls and OMG 90 degrees!!!!!!!!!!! thats amazing on both parts!
Have a great week recouperating!
Love
dianna

Heidi said...

Love the pictures Nancy..The one where katherine is holding up the gold purse, she looks like a younger Katie Holmes.

15 girls..I love it! LOL

Dr. Deb said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What fun they must have had!!!!

Phoebe said...

Nancy, you once again get the "Mother of the Year" Award. It looks as if it was fun for all. They seem like great kids.

I hope Katharine knows what a peach you are!

for_the_lonely said...

That looks like it was a super fun party!!!! I am glad that everyone had such a great time, and that you had a good nap! It was well deserved!

Love ya,
Sarah

Cathy said...

What a brave mom!
It looks like they had a great time. And Happy Valentine's Day!

lightfeather said...

Wow! I remember those sleepovers. Had a two story house at the time and sleeping bag surfing down the stairs was the biggest thing! OMG! What uproarious fun!

Glad you survived!
Lighty

Jaded said...

The party looked awesome! I'm glad that such great fun was had by all, and that Katharine had a wonderful party! I actually can't wait for stuff like that.

Hope all is well... Happy Valentine's Day.

Cindy said...

You, my friend, are a saint. The most I've had here is 6 boys and that was a bit much for me.

TheMommason said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO COOL!
I still want your house so peaceful and beautiful view!

sttropezbutler said...

Glad you survived!

And happy those dead moths are gone!

STB

Just Jan said...

What a trooper you were to allow 15 girls tosleep over!! Looks like a good time was had by all and that's what counts.

I can't complain about the winter we've had here in Ohio this year..I'm just praying we don't pay for the mildness later on.

author said...

unfreeze the food LOL
I'll have to remember that one.
I do that a lot too !

wow, great room !
I want that much space.