Friday, February 17, 2006

Late Notice, etc.

Ever had something for a very long time and all of a sudden you realize something you didn't notice? I was typing this morning and hit a button and the line moved down. I wondered what the heck I hit. Right there, on my keyboard, next to the apple button is an "Enter" button! I am on iBook number three and I just noticed the little bugger! I hate that. Of course, I know where the regular Enter button is!

I use the same flat street to get to two different roads that go down the hill. There is not a day that goes by that I notice a house or yard that I have not noticed before. We even trick or treat on that street. Strange how that happens, even after living here for over eight years.

We had a mini van for three years and as I was cleaning it out to return it at the end of a lease, I discovered the cup holders that would have been 'oh so helpful' when the girls were little! Not only that, this was the second mini van I had, same make and model. I was bummed that I didn't know where they were hidden for what, five years? And, they were hidden!

I know you are thinking I am just oblivious, and maybe I am about some things. Normally, I am very good at noticing things. Too good in fact! I could be a private detective and a damn fine one at that!

*************************

I watched the Olympics for about a half hour last night. I just cannot get into it. Every time I had turned them on before last night, I hit a commercial. Last night, NBC boasted thirty minutes without commercial interruption. That hooked me. I was not very impressed with the male figure skating programs. None seemed to be great. Of course, they are all terrific athletes, but they didn't seem to be Olympic quality last night.

I have gotten so spoiled watching TV thru Tivo, where I can zap the commercials. I just cannot watch the commercials that NBC insists on shoving down our throats! Unfortunately, unless I Tivo the Olympics, I will unlikely be a viewer this time around. I have no idea how their ratings are going, but I do know they are out of control with the way they leave a sport and when they come back, they tell you that coverage of whatever was on will return later. I am not playing that game. I can't. I have neither the time nor the patience to watch conventional coverage of the Olympics any longer. I don't think I am alone in this. I could be, but I doubt it. It is sad really, because I used to look forward to watching the Olympics. End rant!

I have been catching up on all the episodes of many shows that I have been Tivoing since last October, in some cases. I watched ten episodes of one of my favorite shows, Grey's Anatomy. This show rocks. I am happy that Fox has stuck to their regular programming. I am not missing House or 24 and that makes me happy happy!

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Nancy...Greys and 24 are outstanding this season.

I'm not sure if you know but misty posted the Greys writers blog..Great behind the scenes info.

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Have a good weekend~

for_the_lonely said...

I am not digging the Olympics this year either..maybe when it hits the gymnastics, I'll be interested! LOL

I haven't seen any of the House shows this season, and I like the show! I am really out of the loop. Now, I am more into the reality shows, esp. American Idol. I've never seen Grey or 24, and boy, do I feel like I am really missing out!

I hope that you have a great weekend!

Love,
Sarah

TheMommason said...

I love Gray's A. so I guess you didn't catch me on Dr. Phil darn
;-)

Nancy said...

I did see you on Dr Phil Hollie! I wrote you a long comment!

Dr. Deb said...

I know *just* what you mean about finding things that you didn't know where there.

LOL, have a great weekend!
Deb

Nancy said...

Envizable,
I can only recall ever calling anybody an ass once, at least as far as bloggers are concerned. And, Deb said you were really okay.

You made a comment about a friend of mine that was rude and unkind, to which I took much offense.

I will check out your blog when I am feeling a bit better.

Clare said...

I totally understand about seeing things that weren't there before. Happens to me frequently :).

Hope you had a great weekend and I am enjoying reading your blog.

Clare

zbjernak said...

u meant tht u did not use an 'enter' for next line?
then wht do u use?
or there is other button for the same function in apple?
hehehehehe...

u were good in detecting things... only the hard and tricky ones...
seems like u having problems with the easy one...
ahhaha

A Flowered Purse said...

i can't get into any olympics this year either. I think every 2 years was a bad idea! I don't watch those shows, i dont get much TV time, but we bought lost and are lovign it!
have a great week
Love
dianna

Green tea said...

I guess I'm the only one watching some of the Olympics. Maybe because there are so many midwesterners on the teams.
I enjoy the skating, not much of anything else.
I am also a Greys's Anatomy groupie
and I love American Idol..love to see those dreams come true..(<:)
Sorry I missed Hollie on Dr. Phil
GIGI.....

for_the_lonely said...

Just stopped by to say hello, and let you know that you are in my thoughts today! I hope that you are feeling better! I love ya! :)

Love,
Sarah

Unknown said...

i understand your un-enthusiasm about the Olympics... i really tried to get into them but i couldn't bring myself to turn them on... i check the medal counts int he paper everyday... i hope that counts as being supportive hehehe. I've only seen two events..the flippy ski jumpers and some ice skating...and that's just because i was at the gym and it was playing on the tvs while i was on the treadmill hehehe

and tivo is probably the best invetion...EVER! i think i mis-use it tho...i use it to tivo the news lol...i'm so lame.