Thursday, February 16, 2006

Not Much Going On

I don't have much to say today. I have been under the weather with a nasty sore throat and headache. Zoe and David had it too. It could be due to the weather. One day 90 the next 55 degrees. I know this doesn't account for the fever, but I know it plays havoc on my body. Not to mention seasonal clothing. If I were the type who actually put summer clothes away til summer, I would be pissed right about now! I suppose it is fortunate that I am the worst at changing closets to what is in season, let alone putting anything in the damn closet once it is washed. It all seems to stay in the laundry area of the garage. Doesn't seem like much use to put it downstairs when I am upstairs and going to be using it all again. I should have a closet in the garage for my clothes. That would make more sense.

On another note, I have been waiting for shorts to come back to the stores. Zoe only wears shorts, year round. She needs some new ones and they have not been anywhere to be seen. They sell men's shorts, why do they not carry women's or junior size shorts? Especially in California. Sheesh. There are a lot of women who wear shorts all year long here and you better buy them before the winter season, otherwise I hope you like the ones you have until next "shorts' season.

Next week is "ski week." No school. Another week off school. Didn't Christmas break just end? Sure seems like it. I know I didn't have this many days off school when I was a kid. Although, my kids are much smarter than I was. I think it is partly genetics on their dad's side, but they work hard too. Harder than I did. Perhaps they need the extra days off to regroup to work hard til the next break. They take school or at least their grades seriously. I never cared about my grades or trying to make them better. I also didn't have nearly as much homework as they get.

Finally, this whole Dick Cheney thing is just so damn interesting to me. Everybody has a different opinion. The guy shot another hunter, it was an accident and he didn't step up and alert the media. I am not going to get into the whole thing about that being just one more secret of the Bush Administration. I just think it is interesting to see what people think. David was wondering why their wives were not there, yet they were hunting with two women. Usually, that kind of thing would have been the first thing I would have noticed. It didn't even occur to me until he mentioned it. Now, that makes me wonder a bit. At least it adds a bit of intrique to the story. I don't believe they were with these women for the purpose of having an affair. I think these women were hunters and their wives are not. If I were the wife, I would have rather been anywhere else, other than hunting. Fishing is a love of mine. Shooting is not.

6 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

I am sorry that you all are not feeling well! The weather here is acting like a yo-yo as well. One minute it is warm ( ok, well, in the 30's, which is a heat wave in the wintertime! LOL), to tomorrow night, which is to drop to -15!!! No wonder people are always sick here!

I hope that you get to have some good quality time with you girls when they are off of school. I know that it is well deserved for them!

Cheney is just a big ol' doof. Of course he won't be charged..no charges for shooting his friend , and no charges for not having a license to hunt in the first place. Ah, the life of a government official. I think I smell my calling! LOL

Love ya,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

there are days when we just have nohting to say...
world seems to be stopping there...

the weateher is crazy...
thanks for global warming i suppose?
hahahaha...

ski week sounds fun...
u ski?
so will u be going for any ski trip wth the girls?
hope u will get some intersting picccys as well...

life have been great lately... until my supervisor told me...

"you shouldnt go back on time everyday ...u know??"

those ppl are freak..they work their ass off...no live... shitty

author said...

sorry you are sick Nancy.
It just sucks I know.

Jan was amazed at all the days off and field trips our kids get too.
I never noticed it was alot until she mentioned it. Now I do see it too.

I didn't even hear about the women with Cheney, I'll have to read my news site. Interesting info.

Feel better !

alan said...

I've beaten 3 or 4 colds so far this winter using Echinacea when those I'm around are sick to kick up my immune system, and if I sniffle or sneeze I read about Zicam in a magazine article and it seems to work for me. If you feel it start in your head, use the nasal spray, if it's your throat there is a version for that as well. I keep using both until after the symptoms are gone.

Hope you and the kids all feel better soon!

alan

Jaded said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. And you're right... I would think that in California, you'd always be able to get a pair of shorts if you wanted them!

Cheney. Hmmm. I didn't realize there were two women with them as well. I'm still trying to figure out how he was able to mistake a man for a bird. Something's rather fishy about all of this, but I'm sure we'll never find out the whole story. Sheesh. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

lol your comment about not getting stuff put in the closet once it's washed! I do the same thing, my husband built this elaborate shelf and bar system in the laundry room...and i fill that damn thing up hehehe. He is really good about going in and getting his clothes to put in his closet...but ollie and i always get dressed out of the laundry room...it's warmer in there in the morning anway...well at least that's my excuse hehehe