Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl, Super Nachos, Stuff

We don't have a team in here in the OC. I am not into football like I was years ago. There are teams I have barely heard of these days. But, when the Super Bowl is on. We watch. I love to see the high paying commercials. I want to see the Stones this year as well. The other fun thing on Super Bowl Sunday is my nachos! Made with homemade chips, salsa, gaucamole, beans and of course cheese. As long as it is a good game and not a low scoring defensive game, we will actually watch the whole thing. It will be fun any way you look at it. A low scoring game means a nap could very well happen. An exciting game would keep me tuned in.

Blogger seemed to have something wrong yesterday and I could not get on my blog most of the day. I hate seeing the word forbidden! As if I am trying to get into some national security website. It is just my little blog. I tried other blogs as well and the problem seemed to be wide spread. Made me feel a little better. At first I thought it was my MAC.

I had a handyman (Mark) here for two days last week. I've met this man at my cuzbro Ronnie's house several times. He is a member of the Porch Bastards. They play music every Thursday and at most of the parties at Ronnie and Pam's house. They are all very good. Anyhow, I had a list of mostly small stuff to get done. Faucets that were not working properly, a toilet that rocked, a light switch where the hole in the drywall was too big for a switchplate, among numerous other little repairs. It was at least an hour drive down here for him. He charged a very reasonable hourly fee and he did a great job. Nice to know that there are still good guys out there. He fixed the kinds of things my father had always done for me, before he died. Nice to know that Mark is around! He will be back this week for more repairs. It is nice to have that crap done!

David and I had date night for our anniversary on Friday night. Dinner was very good. We then went to the video store and Zoe's best friend was there. Her folks own the store. They ended up not charging us for the rentals and wished us a happy anniversary. It was unexpected and very nice of them.

I finally watched all six hours of Angels in America. I am still trying to decide what I thought of it. One minute I would love it and the next, I was wondering if I should finish. I am glad I did. I was one of the most unusual movies I have ever seen.

Happy Super Bowl and I hope your team wins!

10 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

Hiya Nancy. I think Angels will stick with you for a very long time. I saw a production in Los Angeles in teh 80's and was overwhelmed. I purchased the DVD and waited months to watch it.

It was amazing on video as well.

I want some Nachos.

I'm rooting for the Steelers!

STB

Blogzie said...

Enjoy your day. I'm now craving nachos, so I think I'll make some while I watch the Rolling Stones in the half-time show, which is the best part for me.

Angels in America was brilliant, I'm glad you stuck with it.

I want to marry your handyman or at least have a brief affair with him.

x0x0x

alan said...

Glad your anniversary was wonderful, you deserve it!

Had dinner waiting when she got home last night, we watched an hour of TV then slipped out to the "art house" and saw "The World's Fastest Indian". Quite a delight!

Rooting for the Steelers, as Bill Cowher coached the best (and last) defense we ever had...

alan

Anne said...

go seahawks!

although, i won't be watching, as today is my big walk day. and it'll be great , as nobody will be about!

the sun is brightly shining, which is a lovely treat.

enjoy.

zbjernak said...

charged per hour?
here, we charged per job done
haha...

and i bet is expensive..no?
most of the time, in developed country, 'handyman' like wiring guy, water pipe guy, paint guy...they are hard to come by...

ehehhehe...

A Flowered Purse said...

Happy superbowl day to you too!!
Glad you got to watch your movie!!
Save me some nachos too!
Love
dianna

Cathy said...

what's the use of watching the super bowl here in canada when we don't get the good commercials? My husband is watching anyway.
I couldn't even tell you who's playing!

Heidi said...

I agree with Cathy, no Super Bowl commercials here :(

I may get slammed but I didn't even enjoy the half time show with the Rolling Stones..I prefer more than 1 preformer.

Phoebe said...

I loved Blogzie's comment about the handyman. I know just what she means. I have 50 repairs he could do. Will he commute to NY? I have a spare room.

I too saw Angels in America on Broadway. Of course, there was a year or more between Part 1 and Part 2. It's an amazing piece of theatre and, inspite of the topic, quite an optimistic one. I thought the TV production was very well done. Mike Nichols is still one fo the best directors out there.

Cindy said...

I'm a little behind, had some catching up to do. I really enjoyed the Super Bowl. Even liked the Stones, they sure are showing their age. Some commercials were good, others, not so good. But the Steelers winning made it all worthwhile!