Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Last night's American Idol

If you don't watch this show, then you may be excused!

I think most of the performances on last night's show were awful. As cute as Kelly is and as beautiful as Katharine is, they just couldn't make the jump to something big. Paris showed her big voice, but I agree with one of the judges about the fact that she over sang the song.

I was surprised at how well Elliot did. I thought he would easily go home tonight, but he did well. Taylor's performance had no energy to it. Chris rocked the house. I was fully prepared for him to sing his song lying down on the stage. That would have been funny. He was an awesome singer before, but now that he has discovered his diaphragm and taught how to use it...Watch out!

Unfortunately, at this point in the competition it is a popularity contest instead of a true singing competition. For that reason, I believe that Paris or Elliot will be going home tonight.

I wonder what it would be like if AI let people vote for their favorites, but then let the judges make the final decision anyway. You know they cannot cut out all those millions of calls or lose Cingular as a sponsor. I think part of the whole AI experience is that people are actually making the decision and they like the power. Perhaps politics should be run that way...

6 comments:

A Flowered Purse said...

I agree with you totally on all of that. I was impressed by elliot! wasn't sure why paula was bawling, but he did do a great job! that was funny how they taught chris! I liked seeing that!
Have a great Thursday tomorrow
Love
dianna

zbjernak said...

because the success of the singer depends on the fans...
assuming candidate with the most vote, then the future albums will sell better...

so is all abt money too...
not to mention the cost per sms...

i m not very fond and interested of those idols thingy... we have our own Malaysian Idol... well not much of funfare... and of course the locals one wouldnt do so well compare to americans... is true!

America Next Top Model by Tyra Banks is good, so hillarious... heheheheeh

for_the_lonely said...

I was actually surprised to see Kelli go...but at the same time, I did not see her becomeing the next AI. I am still rooting for Taylor, though...LOL

Have a great evening!

Love,
Sarah

Cindy said...

I've been watching and this week, I thought all of the girls were bad. I was surprised that Simon apologized, I felt his words rang true on Tuesday.

Taylor sings well, but I just don't like his looks. Elliot's teeth bother me. And I think Chris has got what it takes to go all the way!

Sorry for my long absence, just busy and not wanting to write anything.

Dr. Deb said...

I happened to catch both shows and agree with you totally. So hard for me because I really want to see them all do well.

Happy Weekend,
Deb

Dr. Deb said...

Nancy, I'm bnorrowing your space to say hi to Cindy.
Thanks, Deb

"Cindy, where have you been. Missed you and see that I cannot comment on your blog. Hope you are well"