Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A VERY Early Morning

I dropped Katharine at a friend's house a little while ago. They were meeting there to take a limo to the airport. No need to park and the same limo will pick them up. It was supposed to seat six, but it seats ten. I wish we would have know that yesterday as one girl and her daddy were quite upset that Katharine got a ride in the limo and she didn't. Of course we did book it last Friday and not the day before the trip...I did offer her a trip home in the limo and I would get Katharine another ride and they declined. Okay, enough of that.

Katharine and about 120 other kids, parents and teachers from both the middle and high school drama classes are going to the big apple. They must be at LAX by 5am for a 7am flight. They are going to see five plays. They are going to the MoMA, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero to see the Eternal Flame, Empire State Building, Chinatown, Little Italy, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, NBC and behind the scenes at the studio, Greenwich Village, SoHo and Fifth Avenue to shop. They get to see Trump Tower, Tiffany's, etc. They are going to have a blast.

Today for instance they will arrive about 3pm. They will go to Greenwich and SoHo. They will have dinner and they will see the Off Broadway Show "Blue Man Group." They will finally check into their hotel at 11pm. Up at 8am tomorrow to have a full day again. This week they will also see these Broadway Shows, Doubt, Spamalot, The Color Purple, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It is a whirlwind touristy visit and they are going to arrive back home at 10:30 Saturday night.

We have family in NYC but we never did the touristy stuff. I think this will be a trip of a lifetime. Going to NYC in seventh grade without parents. We were up at three, I made scrambled eggs, toast and oj for breakfast. Confused the hell out of the dog. We are not supposed to be up, let alone be eating at this hour! But, he wanted to eat nonetheless. He is sawing logs now. I need to wind down and try to go back to sleep.

It has been so crazy and my girls' spring break is this week so I haven't been around to say hi to very many people lately. I want to do so this week though. I miss reading all of your stories!

Have a great Tuesday.

6 comments:

Carie said...

wow what a magical trip...I remember when I gott o camp in yosimite for 7 days in the 6th grade...to me that was a once in a lifetime thing (only class ever to do that) but man...NEW YORK...wow that has got to be cool :)

alan said...

What a wonderful trip for her! I can't imagine seeing those places now, let alone then!

Lucky lucky girl!

alan

Heidi said...

Oh wow I am so jealous! What an awesome trip to NY this will be for her.

for_the_lonely said...

I remember my trip to NYC like it was yesterday...she is indeed going to have the time of her life! :)

Have a great evening!

Love,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

it is indeed a blast... BIG APPPLE...
awesome... lucky her...

and blue man group? tht is one hell interesting performer...

and it sucks to have ppl misunderstanding us...

cheers to you...

Jaded said...

Wow, what a great trip!

One of my friends is one of the leads in Spamalot. I loved it...hope she does too.

I'm a little surprised about Putnam, though. It's not exactly a kid show. I mean, there's a whole song about erections!

My friend saw Doubt and said it was brilliant. I haven't seen it yet though. Nor have I seen The Color Purple.

This is truly something she'll never forget. How wonderful!