Saturday, March 11, 2006

Blue Cheese Scalloped Potatoes




Let me start by saying, the turkey I made the other day didn't make Zoe sick! She has the flu complete with 103 temp! Poor baby and poor me and my fear of fevers. On to the recipe......My first recipe Saturday!

Blue Cheese Scalloped Potatoes

3 baking potatoes (can use red too)
1 cube butter (cut into small squares)
3/4 cup flour
3 tsp salt
3 tsp white pepper (black is fine too)
8 oz blue cheese (other cheese okay too)
Milk to cover mixture when complete

In a baking pan spray with Pam. Mix salt and pepper together with flour. Peel and slice potatoes. Preheat oven to 350.

Add a layer of thinly sliced potatoes. Add dolops of butter to the corners and around the center. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles all over. Add some flour, salt and pepper.

Repeat this process three or four layers thick.

Cover entirely with milk and put foil on top. Cook for about an hour with the foil on and about 15 minutes with the foil off, until golden brown. Let rest 15 minutes and serve. Be careful putting it into the oven with the milk being so close to the top of the pan. The potatoes will thicken before serving as well.

This is very basic and other spices, onion and/or garlic may be added. With small kids, this works well and is quite good.

This recipe goes very nicely with apple stuffed pork chops. Or on its own! All measurements are in my head and may be adjusted to your own taste.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

It greet Nancy. Greetings from winter Poland . Not bad paste. I learn english. I salute warm :)

Karen said...

I will have to try that recipe--looks good.
hope your baby is feeling better :)
the tv situation sucks--it is ridiculous when the cost to repair it warrants the possibility of ditching it and buying a new one--that is a lot of money sheesh !
people would toss vcr's when they would break for the same reason but it was a lot cheaper on the purse !
hugs,
Karen

Blogzie said...

Perfect!

My husband loves blue cheese and he loves scalloped potatoes.

He'll be thrilled.

Thanks for sharing this, Nancy.

xx00xx

Heidi said...

Poor Zoe..I hope her fever broke and she's feeling better.

Ok,I haven't eaten all day and u put this recipe up! omg sounds amazing..I wonder if i can make it low fat..hmmmm

for_the_lonely said...

Blue Cheese dressing is my fav!!! This looks deeeeeeee-licious! I'll for sure have to try it out!

Thanks for sharing!

Love ya,
Sarah

PS Get well Zoe!!!

Just Jan said...

sounds yummy..thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that when my Bob comes to visit soon...looks like something he'd love.

hope Zoe gets better soon...having the flu sucks.

A Flowered Purse said...

Man that looks wonderful! thanks for the recipe!
love
dianna

zbjernak said...

it does look reallllll good...
yummy!

alan said...

So glad it wasn't the turkey, so sorry for Zoe!

Bought some apple and cranberry stuffed chops at Costco and really loved them; tried to make my own and that didn't work out so well. Have a new apple stuffed chicken breast recipe to try at some point, if the stuffing part works then I'll try it for the chops, lol!

Wife will love these potatoes...thank you for sharing them!

alan

Carie said...

I hope Zoe feels better very soon...

lol I had scalloped potatoes for diner last night, just regular ones though :o) my mom made them for me lol cause I just am not a good cook, I can bake any desert and decorate all of it to perfection, but when it comes to food I get all clumsy and I usualy burn it cause I lose track of it lol...I will pass on the recipet to my mom she loves things like that

Clandestine said...

i bet this is good!!

and i'm glad your turkey didn't make her sick! :)

Jaded said...

I hope your baby is feeling better!!

And this looks delicious! I know Mr. Jaded will love it because he's a big blue cheese fan. I'm gonna try this one soon...thanks for posting it!

Lois Lane said...

I'm sorry Zoe is sick. And I sure hope you don't get it. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't the turkey after all, huh?
Today's dish looks yummy!
Congratulations on not smoking! Keep fighting the urges.
Lois Lane

Dr. Deb said...

Hope Zoe is feeling better.
BTW, that recipe sounds delish.

~Deb

Clandestine said...

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!!

xoxo