Thursday, March 23, 2006

Made Good Time

Made good time is a rare statement when traveling the freeways in southern California. Yesterday, I mapquested the photo studio in West Hollywood and I also did the GPS in my car and they agreed it would take me 1 hour and 17 minutes to get to my destination. It was pretty close because we only hit a slow spot on the 5 freeway for a couple of miles.

The photo shoot was good. Katharine brought about 40 outfits and the photographer said, "Wow, these are all really cute, but we need you to look younger, not nerdy younger, just younger." She chose three outfits. The funny thing was she said that a lot of people throw in one or two things at the last minute and that is what she chooses.

We were in an old warehouse studio. I liked the photographer very much. I have to go back up there on Monday preferably, to pick up the photos and hand deliver them to Katharine's manager. I am just hoping the traffic will be similar to what it was yesterday. I need to snag somebody to go with me so I can ride in the car pool lane too.

We got back in time for Katharine to change into her dance clothes and back down the hill to her hip hop class. I went to the grocery store and then to the high school to pick up Zoe after her journalism class. She was not there. We got her a cell phone for this purpose. I called it and she didn't answer. I had no idea if she took the bus, somebody else picked her up or if she was still in class. As I pulled away to circle the school, Zoe called and said she was still in class. I asked her for how long and she said she didn't know, but that she would call me and I could come back down and get her. I know it was not her fault, but I was tired and pissed.

I got home, unpacked the groceries and put them away and Zoe called, she was ready for me to pick her up. To her credit, she did apologize and explained that the paper was being printed last night. I passed Katharine and her friend going down the hill and then up the hill. The actually stopped and asked if Zoe needed a ride, but she told them I was coming down and she didn't not want to be there when I arrived! Needless to say, it was a very long day.

The freaking TV has been off for days now. It is really broken now. I doubt it will ever turn back on again, at least in this house. A red light blinks at us constantly and it annoys me further. I am not sure what we are going to do about this yet. I awoke this morning with a wild hair to clean the piles of junk that had accumulated in the kitchen. It is clean now and at least that makes me feel better!

I will save most of my disgust for another post, but have any of you seen the ridiculous new program called The Real Housewives of Orange County? If you haven't, good for you! It you have, let me just say it misrepresents of the majority of us here. It is like the show Laguna Beach, where they pick a handful of spoiled kids and go with it. Same thing here. Trust me, it is trash and frankly, I find it highly insulting to think that people think of us this way and that this crap actually made it to the air! Seriously, I could go on!

Off to read blogs!

9 comments:

TheMommason said...

Yeah on the new photos and sorry you had such a long long day!

I'm still thinking on Next year to come out and squat for pilot season guess I have to lose some of my fear of trying.

I know Hunt would love it and he and Kat would make a good Brother sister team too...
Oh I finnlay am setting up my blog role so I will actually remember to stop in more often :-)

alan said...

Do you know anyone brave enough to unplug that TV and try to slip the back off to see how accessible that switch is? (Sometimes I have more balls than brains!) You can't touch anything else inside because there are some high voltage places that store electricity, but if you can see that switch, take the two wires off and hook them to each other, then it's always on instead of off. Then you're back to the corded switch...?

alan

zbjernak said...

wow...
it does seems a loong day....
hahahahahahaha

it seems like zoe is not very into her phone yet.... heheheehhe

but well....
thts the life of mom...
and nobody says being a mom is easy...

hehehehehhe...have a great weekend to you, david, zoe and katharine!

for_the_lonely said...

It is good to hear that you made good time for the shoot! It sounds like Katherine had a great time too! Good for her! :) Hey, if I ever make it to CA, I'll happily tag along in y our car so you can use the multi- occupancy (???) lane. I make a good passenger! LOL

I hope that you have a great evening!

Love you,
Sarah

Heidi said...

I hope you'll put Katherines photos up on your blog.

If anything would happen to my TV I would go through such withdrawl oye! ..Goodluck.

Jaded said...

I saw the first 15 minutes of that show and turned it off. Seemed ridiculous to me. I don't care about some 20 something girl playing house with her older boyfriend who whines about how lonely she is. Ugh.

My cable has been going on and off for days. It's been out for hours at a time. Lots of new housing construction in the area, and they're too stupid to keep away from the cable lines. Not only does that mean no TV, but no internet. Makes me nuts.

Dr. Deb said...

I have seen commercials for that show, and both my hubby and I let out a sigh of disgust. Hope the photos come out fantastic.

~deb

A Flowered Purse said...

I have never heard of that show. Weird.
I am so glad you got the photos done and hope you post them when you get them so we can see! I love photos!
Hope you figure out whats wrong with your TV blinking drives me nuts too!
Happy weekend
Love
dianna

Just Jan said...

I do hope you find a way to share the photos with us...I bet they are stunningly beautiful.

Wow..how did you manage to get all that done in one day???!!! Glad I don't have to run around so much.

Sucks about your tv...I haven't had cable for nearly 4 years now and don't miss it...I keep hearing there is a bunch of stupid stuff on there anyway...so I rent movies...then again..I live alone...I'd have tv if I had a gamily here...hope you get it fixed soon.