Thursday, March 16, 2006

This, That and That

It was a rough few days for Zoe and the flu. Her temp was 103 for three days. Poor thing. She is better now and back to normal, but it took a couple of days after the fever went away for her to regain her energy.

David's eldest daughter has been with us all week. She has two boys and a hubby, is a teacher and lives in Houston. For Spring Break, they were all going in different directions and Daniela chose to come here for a few days. It has been very laid back and fun with her here. She spent the night in LA the other night and it took her several hours to get back to OC. LOL She got caught in traffic from one of LA's infamous car chases! Luckily, she was not near the driver who was sideswiping cars and knocking their doors off. I believe he was a murder suspect. Anyhow, she accomplished what she wanted and got back safely. She is leaving this afternoon. It will be sad to see her go so soon.

I watched The Apprentice this week and I have to say, I don't like many of the contestants this time around. I particularly find Brent repugnant. At first I was not happy with the director or editor who felt the need to show Brent eating several times. Had he been skinny, I am sure they would have passed on showing that. I have never seen them obsess about what anybody else has eaten. Anyhow, I also felt he got a raw deal from his team the first week. The woman he supposedly "scared" was not scared, she just didn't like him. By the end of Monday's show and seeing the clip of next week's show, only one word came to mind about him, repugnant. He will not last on the show and I hope he gets fired this week so we can think of something other than the spoiled fat guy and how everybody hates him.

Watched Idol last night and there was no surprise there. Watched Bones for the first time, like it too. Watched the new show after call Loop. It had good moments, but mostly juvenile and dumb. Bones is Daniela's favorite show. I didn't realize that one of the scientists is referred to as Bones. And I didn't know it was a drama. Daniela has introduced us to shows before. Seinfeld being one. She was visiting one time during the second season and told us we had to watch it. We did and of course we know everything there is to know about the show, along with most of America. She also showed me Ali G (sp) who does rap and other strange things. He is English and acts a lot like Father Guido Sarducci! Quite amusing, I will admit.

Saturday is week four of no smoking! I am pretty happy about this. I read that to change a habit it takes 28 days. That will be Saturday. So, I should be able to go out to the table on the deck with my computer and not want to pick up a smoke. I went out the other day to talk on the phone and I didn't want a smoke. That is one of the hardest things about not smoking, I always talked on the phone with a smoke....No more of that though.

In case I don't post tomorrow, Y'all have a happy St. Patrick's Day!!! We are going next door to our neighbors for a sing a long. It is another annual holiday they do up right and we all sing our hearts out. Fun, fun , fun!

9 comments:

Babs said...

Since my trip to the hospital for the pneumonia, I haven't smoked either...going on 2 months...Fortunately (depending on how you look at it) I was out of it for the really tough part..the first few days. LOL Good luck and hang in there. I still have a few "triggers" where I think about a smoke, but look at all the $$$ you're saving. Here in CT, a pack of cigs was close to 6 bucks. Take care and hope that Zoe feels lots better soon!

alan said...

So proud of you for slaying this dragon, let alone doing it the "hard way"!!

Glad Zoe is better...the bug this year seems especially cruel. Had any of you been vaccinated? I still had "the runs" for two days, but didn't have the super fever and such that so many have.

Daniela sounds like a treat! Enjoy!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

alan

for_the_lonely said...

I am happy to see that Daniela's trip went so well ( sans the stuck in traffic thing..that always stinks!).

I am glad to hear that Zoe is feeling better...the flu is such a litle stinker, and can really drag you down.

And yea!!! for you for almost a month without a cig!!! Woohoo!!! So so so proud of you for that one! :)

Have a great Thursday!

Love,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

car chases...like in hollywood movie... for real? that should be a cool scene...
ehehhehehe

and way to go nancy...
keep it up...

we have the idol and the apprentice here as well.. but not much of a fans... for after a while... ALL REALITY shows look the same
hehehehe

st patrick day...isnt it something for the lover?

you have a nice celebration...cheers!

Heidi said...

Zoe = :)

Brent is from Canada and he is def getting his 15 mins of fame.

He's very annoying and people love to hate him..That is exactly what the producers etc wanted. Even The Donald said he was a " disaster". He won't last long. Did u know he lost 100 pounds from a diet he invented? enough said :X

Happy St.Paddys Day Nancy..Have a great weekend.

SassyFemme said...

Glad Zoe is feeling better. 103 for 3 days sounds horrid!

Brent drives me crazy. I wish he'd just shut up! :) Car chases like that really happen there? Oh my!

Hope you have fun with your sing along!

author said...

sorry for the sick child....
hey speaking of neighbors...
how is the asshole behind you lately ?
Good going on the smoking issue !

A Flowered Purse said...

Congrats on the smoking! i am with you on the apprentice, i just really don't enjoy it this time around!
hope everyone is better very soon and that no one else gets sick.
Many prayers all around
Have a great sunday
Love
dianna

Dr. Deb said...

High fevers that don't break always give me a fright. So glad she is on the mend.

~Deb