Saturday, January 07, 2006

"Mommy, Can I Have Some GoGo Boots?"

Katharine: "Mommy, can I have some gogo boots?"
Me: "Katharine, do you realize we just finished with Christmas and you got cowboy boots?"
Katharine: "Yes, but I need these for D's birthday party on Sunday."
Me: "Why do you need gogo boots?"
Katharine: "To go with my gogo outfit."
Me: "Oh, of course."
Katharine: "And I will wear them after the party too!"
Me: "Well, how can I refuse that offer?"

Katharine: "We need to get something for D's birthday."
Me: "How about a scarf?"
Katharine: "We have to get her something better than that!"
Me: "Katharine, she is having 32 kids at her party. I think it will be okay!"
Katharine: "But I am her best friend."
Me: "Is there a rule about how much best friend's spend on bday gifts?"
Katharine: "No, but can I get the gogo boots?"

D turned 13 yesterday and is having a murder mystery party for yes, you read the number correctly, 32 kids. Luckily, D's family owns a restaurant and are having the party there. Katharine is spending the night tonight, by request, to help set up the party and get other things ready tomorrow.

Katharine will be 13 next month. Her last two birthdays were celebrated here at home with numerous girl friends. Lots of pink balloons hanging down from the ceiling with ribbons. All the furniture pushed back to the walls to make way for games and dancing. Lots of games planned, prizes too. Then all the sleeping bags come out. Wall to wall sleeping bags. Then it begins. Sewer Rats. A game that requires all the lights to be turned off and one or two people are "it" or the sewer rats. Lots of screaming and laughter. Sounds like elephants from our bedroom downstairs. Crawling around on the floor, chasing each other or trying to get out of the way. Last year, I told anybody who got scared to go down to Katharine's room. Some did. I was also asked, politely, to go downstairs so they could begin the game.

Katharine came home from school yesterday and told me she had asked for suggestions from her friends about what she should do for her birthday. Seems they want another sleepover. Hmmm. I offered to take her and a friend and drop them at Disneyland for the day! Of course, I would go back and pick them up!

14 comments:

the bright one said...

Oh, of course!

Nancy said...

Hey Zoe, I knew your response. It was, "she doesn't need them!"

Grumpy Old Man said...

Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip
Mum mum mum mum mum mum
Get a job Sha na na na, sha na na na na

Her older sister shopped at used clothing stores.

Nancy said...

Daniela has always been good at that. It is called vintage shopping, not used clothing store! LOL

alan said...

Another time I'm glad I had two boys! My grandaughter is the first girl born in the family in 42 years, so we'll see what happens as she grows up. She starts school this next year...

alan

A Flowered Purse said...

LOL go go boots! Haven't heard that term in awhile!
Hope you have a wonderful new year
Love
dianna

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun..Wish i can join you all. :)

zbjernak said...

why my birthday party never sounds this fun?

when i was young...it was just dinner with neighbours and relatives..
then in primary it was some pizza party...and some in restaurants...
never had any sleepover b4!

now i m older...birthday was spent in cafe... pub... or at home..alone
so no sleepover yet!!

wonder when there will be a sleepover party for me
hahaha

for_the_lonely said...

LOL!!! You all are a riot!

Sewer rats, huh? My best friend growing up had a sleepover, and she had a scavenger hunt..that was a blast! Of course, that WAS about 13 years ago...times have changed, and it is not really all that safe anymore...nonetheless, it was fun!

Dineyland would be a blast! I would've loved to have gone there as a kid! :)

I hope that you are having a great weekend!

Love,
Sarah

Cindy said...

LMAO, go go boots! Where the heck would you find them anyway? I just see Nancy Sinatra in my head, These Boots are Made for Walking!

Grumpy Old Man said...

Like my new logo?

It's a rascasse, a fish necessary for a true bouillabaise (Marseillaise fish stew).

BonnyT said...

Gogo boots? Groovy, baby, yeah...

My eyes, however, DID bug out at 32 people at this girls party?!!!

EH?!?!?!?!?!?! That's c-c-craaazy baby, yeah....

CrackerLilo said...

Hehe! Same genes, different results!

She won't hate you if you say no...at least, not permanently... ;-)

Just Jan said...

Oh dear...go go boots...and 32 kids under one roof...are they crazy...lol

(sounds like fun)

I'm so behind in my blog reading...shame on me.