Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My New Vacuum



Sadly, nothing better to write about today than my new vacuum!

My new vacuum is a Dyson. After figuring out how it went together yesterday, I couldn't wait to try it out.

It is amazing. It truly sucks! The bare floor tool has so much suction that it was difficult to pick up and move. I ended up sliding it instead. It picked up microscopic pieces of dirt. I just know it did. Dog hair too. I could see that.

I was using in on the upper windows and wood beams to remove webs. Yes, I did say webs. It is a wood house and we get lots of those. None of my other vacuums would even reach them without a ladder. This vacuum has an extra long hose and a wand to attach making it even longer. And the cord is long enough, keeping me from changing plugs!

As I was using it, I thought to myself, I like playing with my new vacuum. Then thought better of using the word play in the same sentence with vacuum. One could infer that I actually like vacuuming. I may have yesterday and maybe will a few more times, but I don't want to be the only person who vacuums in this house. It was simply because it was new and I wanted to try all the bells and whistles. Oh, and get rid of the webs.

The vacuum is an upright. Purple and scarlet. It is low enough with the right attachment on the end of the hose for it to go under most of the furniture. I like that. The bin comes off to toss out whatever gets sucked in. No bags. I like that too. It does have a filter that should be washed out once every six months. It says lifetime. We shall see.

My friend called yesterday and started a conversation as if I knew what she was talking about. Then she said, "You haven't read any of my emails!" I told her, "No, I have been vacuuming." As if I was having a great time. I was just still in new toy mode.

When I asked David what he thought about me buying this expensive vacuum, he told me, "Well, we do have an anniversary coming up." Think he means it? I do!

I thoroughly researched this vacuum. I found it on overstock.com for $130 less than the other stores. Free shipping too. I read more than fifty reviews. A five star rating from the reviews. People who didn't know their pets shed found out they did. Others vacuumed with their old vacuum first and then went back thru with the Dyson and were amazed at how much more it picked up. A couple did complain that it was a bit heavier than the ones they had and that it is not self propelled.

I realize this sounds like an add for Dyson. Perhaps it is. I just know that this machine rocks!

I had a terrible night sleep last night. My feet were hot and I could not keep them still. So, after some vacuuming this morning I may just take a nap! Except I am supposed to go see Brokeback Mountain. No nap.

8 comments:

alan said...

When our Kenmore cannister dies I had thought about one of those, just for the no bag part of it.

Since it picks up so much more, you could give your feet a rest and not play with it for an extra day, right?

:o)

alan

Phoebe said...

My friend Marsha got one for her store. She says, "We don't vacuum anymore. We 'Dyson'."

Heidi said...

Thanx for that awesome review Nancy!

I"m the same way when I buy something new..Until i get bored and the excitement passes..lol

Enjoy the movie..Looking forward to your review on that as well.

zbjernak said...

ahhaha "you like playing with your vacuum"..

hahahah...
that sounds kinky to me... ahhahahahhahaha

u cna vacuum the cats and dogs if they misbehave...or perhaps zoe and katharine if they pissed you off...or perhaps david if he doesnt want to pay for it...

oh i know....
u could vacuum ur bad-ass neighbour in...tie up the bag and throw it down the canyon

Unknown said...

i'm so jelouse of your vacuum!

for_the_lonely said...

You crack me up....do you remember a few months ago when I got a new vaccum cleaner as well? I love my Hoover..haha..I vaccum almost daily. I think it's a sickness..LOL!!

Love you,
Sarah

PS That Dyson looks killer! :)

Playground In My Mind said...

I loved it when we got our first hepa vaccuum...it was just amazing how much more it picked up. Number One Daughter and Little Big Boy have allergies, so it works wonders with that. Hugs!!! enjoy your toy;) Renee

sttropezbutler said...

I've been using mine for two years now. When I returned to the States to live full time I figured I'd buy one vaccum before I die and this was the one.

After I purchased it I thought to myself, damn you just spent some $$$ on that(got a great deal at Amazon with free shipping and now tax) but soon got over it once I used the damn thing.

I'm always amazed by what it "finds."

STB