Monday, January 30, 2006

NO SCHOOL!!

No school today. Getting ready for the new term. Finals are over. Grades posted so far are As. I love that they post the grades online and the assignments as well. Each one graded. The report cards are now online and if you want a hard copy, you must ask the office. No way can my kids cut school the way I did! No way can they get away without doing homework either. Not that they would try that!

Katharine got back last night from the mountains. They got to sled on the man made snow. They went ice skating and shopping too. They had a nice weekend.

Zoe and David went to see a movie yesterday. I stayed home and did some laundry and watched Kill Bill. I never thought I would watch Kill Bill. I was not going to watch Kill Bill Volume 2, but I had to. The first one left a cliffhanger! Strange movies, both. So Quentin Tarantino!

Today, Katharine and a group of friends are going to Boomers. Video games, laser tag, boats and cars to ride. A wall to climb. A little Las Vegas for kids really. They get addicted to collecting as many tickets as they can while playing the video games. And what do they get for all their time and efforts? Toys. Cheap toys too. They should get cash back. Oh, that would be illegal.

I am going with a group of friends to see Brokeback Mountain at 4:00. Then we are going to have dinner and discuss the movie. Kind of like a book club! It should be fun. I need to put something in the crock pot for the kids to eat.

Oh, did I mention we are shooting for a Friday, this week, birthday sleepover for Katharine's 13th birthday. It is going to be a very busy week!

7 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Let us know what you think about BBM.

I loved Taratino films. Kill Bill is a great film, especially for women to see that they can kick butt and for men...to watch out for a woman scorned!

Blogzie said...

Ms. Nancy,

The SAG Awards were on both TNT and TBS. Check the listings, sometimes both stations repeat a lot of their shows.

I hope you enjoy Brokeback Mountain. I went with my husband and we both cried. It really is a beautiful love story.

I'm so jealous of your new vacuum cleaner. I want one!

x0x0x

Jaded said...

Please let us know how the movie is.

Congrats on the fantastic grades for the girls, and good luck with the sleep over! Jadette and I have both taken to our sick bed, so we're semi-out-of-comission for the time being.

Heidi said...

I think I might check out BBM this weekend..Hearing so much about it.

Looking forward to hearing all about the party..Goodluck!

Carie said...

I am with them...I would love to hear about the movie, Ken will not go with me to see it lol says its a chick flick...(on one of our first dates he took me to see Jack Ass the movie) I really want to see it...

wow I bet you are so proud of the girls :o) all A's :o) ash gets all A's to and I get so proud of her...

I love when Ash has sleepovers...all the giggling and goofing off, I love it, the rest of the house not so much lol

for_the_lonely said...

All I have to say is that I am SO glad that when I was in school that my grades were not posted to the computer! Technology can really bite you in the butt sometimes! LOL My sister, like your girls is a total straight A student, so no worries for them. I, on the other hand, would be sweating bullets with some of the grades that I made! LOL

How was your movie and lunch? I hope that it was great!

Love,
Sarah

alan said...

Haven't seen the movie; I read the short story in the "New Yorker" before the book was published and loved it.

This was my wife's "off" weekend, so Sunday we went and saw "Underworld: Evolution" (good, but not quite as good as the first) and "The Matador" (I loved it, and she laughed more than she ever thought she would). I had been waiting for that one for over a year, had seen stills from the locations and Brosnan's personal "album" along with some video clips while they were shooting it. It was even better than I had expected...

So proud of your kids for their grades; that gets to be harder to do each year with all the information that gets added and the requirements that have to be met. It's nice to know they'll be looking after things for us before all that long!

Have fun with the sleepover...I have my hands full with 3 grandkids, I can't imagine a house full of teenage girls!

alan