Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This is too funny

I read this on CNN this morning and got a good chuckle. This is not exactly as it was written. I have summarized, because I don't have much time this morning and I don't want to be accused of plagiarism. LOL

An English man found out his girlfriend was having an affair. He and his girlfriend were sitting on the sofa when his parrot Ziggy said, "I love you Gary." The man's name is Chris. He didn't know what to think when he heard the parrot say, "Hiya Gary," which was how the girlfriend answered the phone when he called.

Chris saw how embarrassed his girlfriend was and figured out she was having an affair. She admitted to a four month affair with a co-worker, using the flat.

Chris said he was not sad to see his ex-girlfriend leave, but he is heartbroken that he no longer has Ziggy. He had him for eight years. Chris said, "It was too painful to hear the Ziggy keep calling out Gary's name." He made sure the Ziggy went to a good home.

The ex-girlfriend said, "I'm not proud of what I did but I'm sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems. She added, "I was surprised to hear that Chris got rid of that bird, he spent more time talking to him, than me."

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I heard about this on a radio talk show this am,..Too funny is right!

Grumpy Old Man said...

A collection of (believe it!) clean parrot jokes--in English (the Brazilian ones, in Portuguese, are better).

Grumpy Old Man said...

Here's a story about a watch-parrot.

Just Jan said...

busted by a bird,...lol..bet she should feel pretty dumb. I hate to here about people having affairs. But I do admit that was funny.

zbjernak said...

moral value of this story :

"Do no teach your pets to talk!"

Playground In My Mind said...

My hubby told me about this. Amazing. He said, "she should have gotten a dog instead." :) Renee

Cindy said...

I heard this on the local news last night. While it was being read the rest of the studio cracked up laughing, as did I! Way too funny!

Carie said...

lol I read about this as well, the man was very upset to have to get rid of the bird, but it kept saying I love you and making kissy noises lol thats so sad and funny all at once

Unknown said...

LOL i read that same article....chances are if it's on CNN.com i've read it ;) It made me sad that he got rid of the parrot :*(