Thursday, November 10, 2005

Four days since my last post.

While I was typing the title I felt like a Catholic going to confess. "It has been four days since my last confession." Seriously, I feel guilty for not posting for four days.

I went to lunch with a great friend the other day. We had a lovely time. Went shopping, did lunch and it was time for me to drive home to get my kids from school. Although short, I laughed the entire time. It was very good for us. When we go to Tahiti together we always say we need to get together more. Make it happen. We used to live on the same street, and then still near each other when she moved. I would go to her house in my pjs and have coffee. I miss that! I still take the girls to school in my pjs, but I don't go visiting in them anymore.

My friend now lives about 60 miles south of here. Not a bad drive, along the Pacific coast and it goes through Camp Pendleton where all the land is undisturbed. Probably the only hills and ocean property left in California that is pristine! I hope the government never sells it because it is worth a shipload of money! (I meant shipload, more than a boat load.) It is the only way it will stay undeveloped. Once I got to Oceanside, I went east for about 15 miles. She has a ranch now, with four horses, four dogs and three cats! She mucks the stalls every day. It is a lot of work, but she loves it there. It is still an area where there is land with the house. She has three acres. Still, I miss her, even if she is happy down there. At one point we almost moved down there. We put offers on one house twice and the people went out of town and the Realtor didn't give them our offers til they got back. When it was all done, and we decided not to pursue the home, I sent them a letter telling them what their Realtor had done and how they could have sold their house to us. It turned out for the best. Because we love Laguna and the schools our daughters go to. Things do happen for a reason.

It is raining. Just enough to have the local reporters out for storm watch, which is an ongoing joke here. It is spitting more than raining. I say local reporters, actually LA. 60 miles north of us. In OC we don't have any local TV stations. I think that this one thing that really pisses me off. Actually, I know it is. We have way too much news to leave to the local papers. We used to have a local news channel, and it repeated every hour after the six o'clock news. I wonder why it never lasted? LOL So, we get our news from LA and occasionally we get news about Orange County. Where we live, I can only get a handful of LA radio stations and had to learn the San Diego stations, which frankly, are better!

I had the pleasure of talking to Sarah (The Rose) the other day. We had a nice long chat and lots of laughs. She sounded pretty much how I thought she would sound. You know how it is when you get to know somebody online and then you have an expectation of how they will sound. Not always right on with what I think people will sound like. But, Sarah had a bit of Texas when I first listened to her, then I heard the distinct northern accent. I was so much fun to have a phone conversation with her. We have chatted and emailed, and when we spoke, it was like talking to an old friend!

Katharine is going by limo after school to Downtown Disney with five other kids for a birthday party. They are getting picked up at school. They should have a great time. When she was nine we rented a limo for her birthday. A dozen or so girls went bowling and then piled into the limo to go have lunch in Laguna. Then they just drove around for a couple of hours and the limo dropped off all the girls. While this sounds extravagant, I had a reason to do it. Katharine was so impressed with limos that I thought I would take the mystery out of it! Not everybody in a limo is rich and or famous. I am not saying she didn't love it, but she is not obsessed with them any longer. It is like the mini bar in a hotel. It is fun, but not cheap.

I was wrong about the rain. It is real! I left my computer outside on my "desk" and took the girls to school and it started to pour. I had to meet a mom in the parking lot of the elementary school near my house and I came home first to put away my computer! It is really beautiful though, low lying clouds and clear and the air is clean too! I won't have to water for a few days.
Yippee to that!

5 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

I had such a great time talking to you too! :) I'm going to have to work on eliminating this northern accent though...I don't want people to think that I am from here! LOL!!!!!

I have never been in a limo, although I think that it would be fun. I have never had a dying wish to be in one...I suppose as an adult, I wonder more as to how much gas the limo eats up vs how much fun it would be! LOL Ahhhhhh, adulthood...isn't it fun? LOL

BTW, I signed up for e-mails at the fly lady site...I'll make sure that the deletion of the e-mails are part of my 27 things eliminated! LOL!!

I hope that you have a great Thursday! I'll check back in with you as soon as I can!

Love you,
Sarah

Heidi said...

"You know how it is when you get to know somebody online and then you have an expectation of how they will sound."

I totally can relate...It's very strange hearing the voice of someone u have been emailing etc..I'm glad you and Sarah were able to " talk live". :)

When I hear myself on my voice mail or some type of video recording, I just quiver...I absoulutly hate my voice on tape..It's just not what I hear.

Playground In My Mind said...

I miss California so much. Thank you for taking me with you on PCH. I love PCH. My dad was a career Marine, so I have a special liking of Camp Pendleton, too. My older sister is in OC as well...sigh. I miss home so much...Renee

Carie said...

raining here to, but not to bad...I don't live to far away lol in Fresno...we were just recently at DisneyLand for 6 days...lol my daughter would love to live closer lol but I didn't take her to downtown Disney maybe next year...

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,

It's me Nikki . I decided to stop by and check out your page. I did look at your photos...you have some beautiful pictures there.
It's now 2:30 in the morning here so I better go....Nathan will be up before I know it. I'll drop back again...if I'm smartI'll make it here earlier next time! LOL

I hope you have a good day!

Nikki