Monday, November 07, 2005

Not much to say tonight!

I figured I should at least say that much. It has been busy. I am driving down to my friend's tomorrow. She lives about an hour south of me and I haven't seen her in way too long. In fact she has my birthday present from a month ago.

Speaking of birthdays, tomorrow would have been my mother's 76th. She has been gone for six years now. Amazing how fast time flies. So, I will be thinking of her tomorrow. She was exactly one month shy of 30 when she had me. She was a hard worker her whole life. I wish she would have gotten to live longer to enjoy retirement. Cancer took her before the Alzheimer's could. Blessing really. She was pretty advanced and it was so damn hard to watch her lose herself. I missed her before she was gone and I still do.

I was looking at the date on the bottom of the page and it says Nov 7th, but it also says the time as 10:08. Which is my birthday. Freaky!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday and VOTE if you can.

9 comments:

zbjernak said...

have a great trip....
bon voyage

it is great meeting up with good friends who we dont get to see for sometime ...

cheers

for_the_lonely said...

That coincidence must be your momma looking down and smiling at you! :)

I hope that you have a lovely day with your girlfriend. Times with friends are the best! :)

Love you,
Sarah

Dr. Deb said...

That is freaky...the date and time code.

I hope you have a peaceful and loving day today.

~Deb

TheMommason said...

Have fun sorry I am such a bad visitor but I do play catch up when I swing by and I try to not track in the mud ;-)

I hope that your time with your friend helps you with your day of remembering your Mom.
Peace Girlfriend!

Heidi said...

I hope u had a great day Nancy with your friends..


Hugs to you about your mom.

A Flowered Purse said...

Have a great trip and have fun!
Thats so neat about your moms birthday and the time. Awesome!
Hugs and have fun!
Love
dianna

Cindy said...

Nancy, have a great road trip. I'm thinking about you!

Cathy said...

Hi Nancy;
Have fun with your friend:)

Playground In My Mind said...

Alzheimer's and dementia are worse than other illnesses because you lose them long before they are gone. Reminded me of my dear, dear Uncle George. I loved him so much. In the end, he didn't see me. He thought everyone was out to get him and was stealing from him. But when he was alive, well he was MY FAVORITE uncle...Renee