Thursday, September 22, 2005

Not much going on!

Truly, not much going on. I have to wait another week to see my gyn. I will wait, only because I am feeling better after weeks of feeling like shit! The other day I told my friend I had just realized that I don't think about standing up from a chair. I just get up. Which was a great sign. I am continuing to get better. But, something is still wrong with my back. Lack of muscle control in my abs is probably the primary, but maybe not.

When I was all of 21, I was goofing around with a friend and he took hold of my brush. We struggled and he let go, sending me flying across the room and falling on my tail bone. Ever since, just pressing the area above hurts. The other day at the doctor, the nurse practitioner (NP) hit that spot and I told her that the area has been sore to push on since then. But it is above that which hurts now. It is better, but still sore when I stand up. Getting better. So, I think it is a cross between stress and lousy ab muscles. And I did something to aggravate it. The CT scan showed nothing wrong. Only the ovarian cyst.

Next week I will have an ultra sound and go to the doctor on Friday. But, I walk without hunching over, and can do more for longer before I feel like my back is going to break.

I am completely frustrated being the Service Unit Fall Product Manager for this town! Only a handful have responded to my phone calls and emails. I told the Service Unit Manger in an email tonight, it is hard to do a good job when the troops do not put forth the effort to even contact me, not to mention show up at my meeting when I felt like crap last Sunday.

These are women who signed on as troop fall product managers and they do not follow through. It really irrates me. Some have not even registered with Girl Scouts yet. Anybody who signs on to do these things are supposed to be registered. Sales start Saturday and I don't have completed forms or registration for five women...Why sign on, and follow thru?

I got an email tonight from somebody who first is not registered, and second didn't respond to my meeting invitation. She tells me she is co-leading with another troop and is seven short of materials. It took me a whole day to get all the envelopes done and I was very precise. No please, but call her tomorrow to arrange a time when she can pick up the materials...Frankly I am at the kiss my butt limit. How rude and completely unprofessional. But, for the sake of the unit, I will make sure she has all she needs, once she registers!

My stepdaughter and family are in Houston. Hub just talked to her. She is fine. They are staying put. Stocked up on batteries and canned food and froze a lot of water. They have a friend who was evacuating and spent twelve hours going eight miles, and came back. The school where she teaches high school is closer to the coast and they have all evacuated and backed up their computers. Covered them with plastic and are hoping for the best. She is somewhat fearful that Monday she will not have a job. They are hunkered down and feel somewhat safe as their neighborhood has never flooded. Doesn't lessen our fears at all.

I am very concerned that the levees in New Orleans will not withstand another major hurricane. Even a 3, has winds of 150 miles per hour. And this monster is 350 miles wide. Major water coming from the sky. Flooding is a big concern. I am just thankful that most have left the parish. I am sad for those who went to Houston, only to be moved again. I am thankful that Houston and Galveston have evacuation plans though! Even if there are lines of traffic leaving the cities. I know that Galveston is pretty much evacuated, but Houston is a different story. I just hope that people took Katrina seriously and do what they must for themselves and their families.

That is about it for now...Hope all are well and safe. Good luck and speedy recovery to Annie tomorrow. All of you are on my mind, even though I have been delinquent in my posts lately, not to mention replying to those I normally read daily...

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Nancy, I'm glad your feeling a little better...Sending u always good thoughts.

Have a great weekend.

Dr. Deb said...

Nancy,
Glad the CT scan showed nothing MORE. Hope you get better soon...and so glad GOM duaghter is okay so far. Mother Nature and her wrath.

~Deb

for_the_lonely said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a tad bit better. I am sure even a little bit can help!

I hope that your step daughter and her family will sit still in their homes! I acutally heard the gov of Texas telling the people LAST NIGHT that if they had not left yet, to just stay put!! How awful is that? Jennifer's cousin, Alexis, made it to Austin from Houston ok..after an 18 HOUR drive!!!!! That is frigging INSANE!!!

They are saying now that a levee in NOLA has been flooding water back into the 9th parish, which was the hardest hit in that area..how much more can these poor people and our nation take? Mother nature sure is pushing a lot of buttons and testing a lot of nerves...

Husg to you, and hope that you have a great weekend! Love you!

Sarah

Jan said...

Nancy, I am happy to read that your back is somewhat better. Hang in there....back injuries/pain take time.
I am glad your family is safe.
I hate when people make commitments and then let them fall through. Don't agree if you don complete the project....jerks!!

Thanks for your well wishes for Annie. She is at home and doing well.

BonnyT said...

Nance, isn't it funny how our goof-off's when we were younger linger throughout our lives??

I was play wrestling with someone at a basketball game in highschool and somehow got a sliver from the wood stands just below my ass..LOL. That sliver is still in there as I sit and type this :)

Glad you are feeling better..

Playground In My Mind said...

"Never give up. Never give up. Never, never, never give up." Winston Churchill I love that quote. I injured my back over 20 years ago and have chronic pain, so I understand how dibilitating it is and it affects everything that you do and feel. Prayers for your comfort and recovery.
Also, the Girl Scout leader stuff: We were den parents when my 18 year old was little-time is so precious to parents maybe they just are as disorganized as I am: house under massive renovation-no where to keep important papers or anything else. Disorganization drives me nuts...maybe that can be one of the projects for the volunteers:) hope it all works out. Take care and don't give up:) Renee

Just Jan said...

glad to see you are feeling somewhat better.

good to see the scan didn't show anymore wrong.

my tailbone was broken during the birth of my son..(10LB 4OZ)...to this day I can't sit on a hard surface without a cushion.