Thursday, September 08, 2005

OUCH and UGH!!!

My back has been out for the past few days...It has put me in a shitty mood! Along with other stuff going on in. No need to spell this out, as most of us have experienced the same. I believe stress is directly related to my back pain. Not much doubt there.

Yesterday I ordered Vons.com for groceries, as I mentioned my back was out, and I could not grocery shop. In the middle of the night last night, I did so online. Vons seems to be hiring the biggest imbeciles of late. The last two times they have screwed up. Last time I vowed not to use them again. Well, we need milk, cereal, lunch stuff, school has started. So I spend my precious insomniac hours ordering...granted in a vicodin haze.

The driver is lost, I see him on the street below. I asked the neighbor down there to tell the guy where we were. Go around the block and come to the driveway. We see him walking toward the house...Oh, I will go get the truck! Why he hoofed it instead of driving is beyond me.

He drops off the goods and I question where something is... Uh, I dunno, call the 877 number....By the time the steam stopped coming out of my ears and I had seen he didn't have any dairy products, no meat, no produce, no dinner, no lunch, nothing of importance, which was the reason I ordered in the first place, he was gone.

I call the store that the order originated from first. The manager is livid. Tells me to call the 877 number which is where the big wigs are, and she will call too. I go over the order with a very patient man on the phone. They owe me $96! The guy tells me he will give me a credit of $25 for the next time, in case I dare shop there again. He actually said that. And they will eat the delivery fee as well....He asks if I would like them to bring the items today...I tell him, no thanks, I think I need a break!

So, we now have cereal, no milk. We have bread, nothing to put on it for lunches for school. Amazing incompetence...

There is a driver I really like, and the last time I saw him, he told me the store was very screwed up from all the new help they hired. Non English speaking and couldn't figure out how to substitute, so they just omitted items. He said customers were leaving in droves...I think this must be true. When I called, I got the high volume hold message. No shit!

I know a where Vons.com can find some decent employees who are eager to work and speak English. The country is full of unemployed people from the Gulf Coast. Perhaps some that have come to our area will seek work there. Maybe then, I will use there delivery service again...Not likely before that!

Oh, and I had ordered an online gift certificate for the hub's daughter's birthday from Barnes and Noble...Yesterday, I get an email saying my card had been rejected and to call them immediately. I do. He runs the card again. Nope, still won't work. I give him another AMEX card number and it goes thru. I call AMEX and she said they were running a periodic security check on my card. I didn't ask why. I answered the questions she asked, one being, what was my last address. I told her and she thanks me and tells me I am free to continue to use the card I have had for 15 years! Gee thanks for that! The birthday gift certificate was one day late!

I did take some awesome photos of the cloud cover and sunrise this morning. I was trying to load them to play a slide show. I will probably just post some and put the rest on Flickr though. Since I have a Mac, some may not be able to play the slide show. I was on the phone describing the clouds below us to my friend. Then land emerges and it looks like the lost city of Atlantis. The sun thru the eucalyptus trees was beautiful. So, hopefully, I will post those later.

By the way, school is off to a roaring start. All is going well in middle and high school! This is very good news.

8 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Man..I hope that your back gets better, and that they hire some new people!!! Glad to hear that school is getting off well! Great news!

Love,
Sarah

Jaded said...

I HATE when my back is out. Right now it's just on the verge from having to lay on that table for my tests the past two days. I was so freaked out by the drug-induced stress that I had to go back the next day to get good views of my heart at rest. I couldn't calm down enough the first day for them to get my heart resting at all.

This whole new trend toward no customer service what so ever has been pissing me off. Most people I come in contact with in stores etc., act like they are doing us a favor, and that we're interrupting them. It never occurs to them that their very job is to actually, oh, service the customer!! And you're right, there are plenty of people who need that work right now.

We don't have online groceries in my area. I wish we did though.

Hope your back gets better soon!!!

Heidi said...

Nancy , I hope your back feels better today..My friend had terrible back problems ..She went to an Osteopath and she's completely pain free now after a few treatments..Maybe that can be another alternative for you.


Also glad to hear school is
going well..Phew! :)

Karen said...

I must be having sympathy back pain for you !
mine hurts like crazy too.
very gentle hugs to you,
Karen

Dr. Deb said...

So debilitating when your back goes out. Rest, rest, rest.

BonnyT said...

Nothing worse than having your back out...at least you can type...the last time mine was out I was FLAT on it...couldn't sit up or anything...

I just hope you know to ICE it and don't use heat...heat is the ememy whn you have a bad back...

Take care, Nance...

Just Jan said...

Hope you are feeling like yourself again soon.

I like to do my own shopping so I have no one to blame when it's all screwed up...can't blame you for not shopping with them again...they sound extrememly screwed up.

A Flowered Purse said...

Oh wow hope your back is better. Mine went out last year and therapy at the chiro fixed it right on up! hugs and take care and many wishes for a wonderful weekend
Love
Dianna