Saturday, September 03, 2005

Today

Today has not been such a bad day. We have a home, our health and we are safe. Unlike so many others.

Today I have seen many rescues in the disaster zone. I actually spent an hour watching the Army arrive too. All good, finally.

Today we sent a few boxes of childrens clothes to Houston. David's daughter is a school teacher at the high school there and says they need school supplies and clothing for the kids. She will make sure they get distributed.

Today Houston is the 100,000 people bigger. And Houston is so welcoming and organized. Truly an awesome city.

Today there is no jackhammer noise in my little corner of the world. Although somebody is weed wacking! LOL

Today David has taken the girls to shop for school supplies. Yippee.

Today I got the grocery shopping done by 10:00. And Katharine and her friend were still asleep when I got back.

Today we woke up to fog and the sun is shining now. Brighter today.

Today I did not post first thing. I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want another hurricane post. I did blog surf though.

Today I received a special surprise in the mail from Cindy. She sent me a Michael Stanley CD. I think I have five now. Thank you Cindy! For no reason at all, she sends me the CD. Very sweet of her huh?

Today there were no bills in the mail! Oh yeah!

Today David is mailing the expresso machine we have not used in eight years, to his son in law! We only told him we would mail it in July! We used to use it all the time, when it was new. I don't know why we stopped using it. It makes very tasty expresso.

Today I have more counter space in my kitchen...That can't last!

Today we are making pizza for dinner. Katharine's friend's family owns an Italian restaurant, which just so happens they taped an episode of "Laguna Beach" in and it was on TV and the girls got to watch it. But to make pizza with her here and her father being such an awesome chef.....Perhaps we will get some pointers! I have known this child for six years and I have never been nervous cooking in front of her before! LOL

Today is just about three days away from the beginning of school! Ah shucks. ;)

Today I still feel bad for all those homeless, injured, sick and helpless. I am thankful they are being moved and that the military has moved in to help. I am thankful for cities like Houston and others. I am thankful for every day people doing the right thing and bringing people under their roof. I am thankful for every day people who have gone to the Gulf Coast to help out with whatever their expertise is. Be it nurses, doctors, a helicopter pilot, everybody who is helping. I look forward to some healing and good news ahead.

Today I feel very blessed and very lucky.

Today I just finished a post that I felt like I had to end each sentence with but I still feel bad. It is okay that I feel blessed and lucky today. This is just my opinion, my feelings and my blog.

10 comments:

Jan said...

You are right it is your opinions, your feelings and your blog....and a great one it is.
Great post. I am glad you had a good day.

Heidi said...

Nancy this made me smile..I think it's a great post and I'm glad I read it today/this evening.

I haven't had a new entry in over a week...Just not in a good frame mind to post with all that has been happening with New Orleans.

Dr. Deb said...

Dear Nancy,
I am a 1/2 glass full person, and try to keep a perspective on the blessings in my life. It's hard though to feel entitled sometimes, especially with New Orleans, and so much of the chaos, hatred and death in the world, and even with the ordinary stressors that press on me. It's important to keep what is good in life in the margins of one's day, though. I smiled reading about the extra space on your kitchen countertop!!!

~Deb

www.kimmy.cc said...

Sounds like a great day!!

Cindy said...

Nancy

I was able to walk away from the news yesterday for the concert. I'm back to watching today.

Of course, I'm exhausted and maybe after a nap I will be able to post pics and thoughts about my experience last night.

Anne said...

nicely said.
it embodies life for many right now, i think.
even if we were spared this horrifying experience, we still feel it, and taking ANYTHING for granted right now is near-impossible, right?
the mere act of imagining what life is life, and what death was like, for all those thousands of americans is enough to pull me all-apart on the inside. painful on so many levels.
"how can people be so thoughtless?"

BonnyT said...

What a day you had.

CrackerLilo said...

It is okay, and I'm glad to read about your blessings. :-)

zbjernak said...

yah...
the news..the reports and the blogs dedicating for the hurricane are abundant...we dont need another blog for it...

seriously...reading those reports made me feel depressed...

glad tht at least now everything is in progress...

for_the_lonely said...

Thank you for this post..Today, and every day, I am greatful for our friendship! You are loved!

Love,
Sarah