Sunday, September 25, 2005

Spam and when to throw the flag.

I received a spam comment from the UK. Guess this person has more time than most spammers. I thought the spam days were over with the word verification. Wrong! This poor sap sits in his or her flat and goes blog by bloody blog commenting so we will click his/her link. NOT.

I wondered about flagging and if the spammer or spammerette will know that I am clicking their flag. This could start a flag war! If I click theirs, they click mine....Along comes blogger and says, "We are sorry, but we have had too many flags on your account." Like in Football. Flags on the play and I am out of the listing game. Or perhaps just a warning. Maybe a five yard penalty for the first offense.

Me: I flagged the spammer/ette because they left spam comments on my blog.

Spammer/ette: I found her to be offensive.

Blogger: Why?

S: She cusses a lot.

Me: Well then stay away from my fucking blog!

Blogger: Listen Spammer/ette, you are not allowed to sell things in the comment sections of our customers' blogs.

S: Well, she should not be swearing on her blog...Anybody could read it.

Me: Bullshit! There are plenty of people who write worse things than I do! And trust me, this is watered down Asshole!

Blogger: Okay, knock it off! Spammer/ette, you are clearly using your blog for illegal purposes.

S: I am just trying to make a living. And if I don't comment on blogs, then nobody comes to my site!

Me: No shit Sherlock! Blogs are for people to journal, not to go to your lame ass site!

S: You see? She can't even stop swearing right now.

Blogger: Look, Spammer/ette, your site will no longer be listed on our site if you continue to do this. We may yank your account! You may blog, but we will not publish when you update.

Me: (laughing) Rock on Blogger!

Blogger: If you (me) continue to get flags for your questionable content, you will also be ostracized from our published list.

Me: Does this mean this loser can keep coming to my site and flag me just for the sake of getting me banned?

Blogger: If it happens to be just Spammer/ette, no. Only if it happens from multiple bloggers.

Me: What if this Spammer/ette has friends? I find that unlikely, but it could happen...Do you have a fix for that?

S: Grinning, with a light bulb above his/her head.

Blogger: We do not have a fix for that...But if they all come from the UK...Then perhaps we will see a pattern!

S: That is discrimination!

Me: What you have no friends outside of the Wiltshire? Oh yeah, you don't have friends!

Blogger: This case will remain in the pending file for six months. We will be monitoring both of you!

S: This is a bloody joke!

Me: Thanks Blogger. And for you Sapmmer/ette, I do have friends and if you start flagging my site, your ass is grass and I will be the lawnmower!

That was very silly, but I need a giggle this morning. And I did giggle! Of course, this would never be a three way (don't go there) conversation. However, it is like Blogger is the parent and the flaggers are the tattletale kids! I will just delete the lame spammer/ette's comment... Frankly, it doesn't even bother me anymore. After doing this little script, I have decided that it is silly to get remotely upset by a spammer/ette. There are so many other things in life to worry about. This has got to be the bottom of the list...I will no longer let them get to me, I will simply delete their sorry asses.

Wow, that was very cathartic! One written conversation with myself and I overcame my anger at Spammers and Spammerettes! LMAO...

Can you tell I really have nothing much to write? My back is better, yippee. A bit of pain only. I will be seeing my doctor on Friday, but I believe the cyst ruptured and went away, from the amount of pain I had, which is now gone. I will go to the doctor nonetheless. Just to make sure.

The birds are happily chirping and eating. The sun is out and feels warm on this cool morning. Coffee tastes good. Just heard the puzzler, my favorite part of Weekend Edition Sunday, on NPR. Hub is sitting next to me reading the paper. I am savoring the good things in my life today.

Have a great Sunday.

9 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

D'ya have Prince Albert in a can?

Anne said...

that was a funny conversation
... and i know what you're saying.

glad you are feeling better again.

thank goodness for all the small
things we have in this life, for sure!

for_the_lonely said...

That litle skit made me crack up too! The laughter is contagious today! LOL

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! It is the pits when you dont feel good, esp. on the weekends!

Love you,
Sarah

Heidi said...

Thanx for the smiles Nancy..I never knew what " Flagged" meant..I think we all do now .. ;)

I'm so glad your feeling better..I hope it continues.

Thankyou as always for your support.

zbjernak said...

hope the flag war doesnt happen..else it will be ugly

everybody's on revenge...
ahhahahahahha

hows your sunday?

cheers

Cindy said...

LOL, I hope the spammers miss me completely!

Just Jan said...

LMAO....I was like "yesss..someone is sticking it to the spammers!!"..then realized you were "acting out"...hehehe...godd thinking anyway.

Dr. Deb said...

Nancy,
I say throw them flags!!!
I can't think of anything worse than spam on a blog. It's so violating!

~Deb

Karen said...

damn spam !
LOL
loved the post.
glad your back is feeling a bit better.
hugs,
Karen