Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Thunder last night, Doctor today

We had an awesome lightening and thunder storm last night. Very rare for us. Came up from Baja California, which is in Mexico.

The lights went out after one thunderly boom and came back on pretty quickly. Gone were the set alarm clocks though. It was very cool, as we hardly ever get weather like this. Got some rain too. This went on all night and will be the same this morning. Hub just asked the girls if they heard the lightening and thunder last night. The girls both said, we didn't hear the lightening! Hub said, I knew you were going to say that. No comment has time to be corrected, before somebody in this house points out the error!

I took some photos of the rainbow after the rain arrived. Even a double rainbow. It was quite spectacular. I will post those maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Today, I am going to pick up my records from the ER and then head over to my doctor. I expect I will be there most of the day. I have a feeling they will want to do an ultrasound to see the cyst in my ovary, which I believe is the cause of my pain and back pain. One day I would feel I was better, then the next back to feeling horrible.

Saturday and Sunday I worked on Fall Product stuff for the Girl Scouts. I had boxes of papers to sort and put into envelopes for each troop selling nuts and magazines. I only had three people show up at my meeting on Sunday evening. Now I need to have a one on one with the no show Fall Product Troop Managers, aka, nut moms. I have to train those who have not done this before and update what is new for moms who have done this before, and refresh their memories a bit.

So, off to the doctor. Maybe even more than one. I am not looking forward to this, I hate going to doctors! I have to be very very ill to go to a doctor or the ER even. So, I am in for a long day.

I decided to do a quick post this morning because somebody emailed me and wondered if I was okay, because I had not posted since Saturday. How sweet huh?

Hope everybody has a great day and nobody is in the path of Rita!

10 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Sure hope that your day goes well..and that you were not at the doctors office forever today! Ack!

The double rainbow sounds lovely...I can't wait to see the picture!

Nut moms..that sounds about right! LOL I can't believe that 9 people did not show up! How rude! I do LOVE Girl Scout cookies, though! I was once a Brownie, ya know! LOL I haven't had their cookies for a few years now..at least 5! I guess the girls no longer go door to door asking if people want to buy cookies. Now they just chill out in front of Wal-Mart! LOL

Love ya,
Sarah

BonnyT said...

Good luck at the doc's, Nance...

And looking forward to seeing those pics from last night :)

TheMommason said...

Hey get it checked!!! Also email me cause I want to ask you more about your symptoms. I have sever endometriosis but they would just stop looking for my issues when they would find all the cysts since I also had poly-cystic ovaries so it took 12 years to get everything found. Well except for the fibroids and some other thing I had they found in the lab anaysis after my hysterectomy.

Be painfree darling!!!! Love ya tons!

Dr. Deb said...

Nancy,
I hope that you will be feeling better soon. As I have written, cysts can be VERY painful...and unpredictable back pain is rough.

I have never seen a double rainbow and look forward to when you post it---of course when you feel better.

~Deb

Anne said...

take good care!

Heidi said...

Nancy, Been thinking how your appt is going..Please update when u get chance..I hope it's nothing serious and can be treated quickly.

From someone like you who posts frequently I can always sense when something's wrong..I worry too much. ;)

Karen said...

oh wow--I saw a double rainbow last week. it was so beautiful.

hope they get you all healed up and feeling better soon.

take care.
hugs,
Karen

Jan said...

I hope your doctors visit went well....and shorter than you expected.
Hurry and feel better.

zbjernak said...

had not have beautiful rainy days for quite some time here...

love to spend the time at home...on my bed...or just on the couch while it is raining heavily outside...

love the smell after the rain too
hahahahaha

cheers and hav a great day

Just Jan said...

looking forward to the pictures when you get time to post them.

I'm such a sucker for girl scout cookies!!

hope your doctor visit went well and you'll have some good news.