Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ahh, An EXTRA HOUR

How nice to get an extra hour. Most would use it for sleep, but not me. I was up at 3:00, or was it 4:00? I dunno, but the sun is brighter earlier and that will help me when waking the kids for school at 6:30 most mornings! Tonight when it gets dark at 5:30 or so, it will be a very long night. I know I will want to put on my p's and climb into bed and watch the boob tube.

Friday night was the Boo Blast at a local elementary school. They do this event every year to raise funds for the school and they make a bunch. High atop a cliff over the blue Pacific. What lucky little kids to have that view and breeze all day! The Boo Blast was packed and the kids went with friends. Hub and I were on pickup duty for our two and three more at 8:00.

I called hub at 4:30 and asked if he would like to meet me for a drink at Cedar Creek. Downtown, across the street from his office, is this quaint English cottage style restaurant. We enjoy sitting outside to watch the people and cars go by. We even book a table for the Patriot's Day Parade every year. We have drinks and a leisurely lunch and have a perfect view of the parade. The restaurant is normally packed, but not last Friday night. Apparently most of the town was at the Boo Blast. Which was fine for us. We hadn't gone out as a couple in sooo long. It was nice to talk and laugh without interruptions. We decided we should do it more. I even straightened my hair with the straight iron and put on makeup before I invited hub. I made the plans in my head earlier in the day, before the girls even got out of school. Friday night out!

After dinner we did the ever romantic trip to the grocery store for Halloween candy and two pumpkins. Then onto another store and while sitting in the car, I saw a cowboy hat and asked if that was a cowboy hat. Hub agreed it was and he went back into the convenience store to purchase said hat for a mere $7. Zoe is going to be a cowgirl for her last trick or treat. I still have to get her a stick horse. Do they still make those??? Katharine is a sort of 50's style witch. Poofy lacy skirt attached to a halter style top. Black, with lime green polka dots and a hat to match. I will be home handing out candy to the few who come to the door. We have more kids in the neighborhood this year though, so I may get six or eight this year! LOL

We picked up the hyper girls at the Boo Blast and delivered them home. Came home and relaxed. Made it an early evening, because I knew I would be getting 1825 cans of nuts at 8 am yesterday. I did too. Two gentlemen put the cases in the garage for me. Then I had 13 people come to the house and pick up their orders for their troop. It went pretty smoothly til we counted out the last two orders and realized that we were short 14 boxes of peanut butter cups. I immediately figured out it was because I thought the cases had 10 in them, when in fact they had 12. I got out my list and sent emails to the people I knew got 2 or 4 extra and I received one email back so far. She did give me an A in mathematical skills though. She was over by 4. So, now I have to get those back and everything will be perfect. And distributed! Not so bad for as many boxes as we had. The girls helped me and the last pick up was the Service Unit Manager for Laguna Beach. She asked the girls if they were keeping track of their time helping, because they can record it toward community service hours, which they need a certain number of, by the time they graduate. So, Stephanie filled out the form and signed Zoe's and Katharine needs to fill one out at her school too. Katharine also found out that she can get hours for all her rehearsals and the three plays she has been in since last year. Zoe seems to think Katharine will have enough hours already. Even though she is in seventh grade. She will have enough to graduate, if she stops now. But, that will not happen.

Anyhow, that is what has been going on around here. I think I may just take my lazy butt back to bed for a while. That is a nice thing to do on a Sunday morning!

Have a great Sunday!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

aww..Just like a date.

I hope you can have a second very soon. ;)

Dr. Deb said...

Wishing you all on the West Coast a Happy Halloween!

~Deb

A Flowered Purse said...

Happy Happy Halloween!!
Love
Dianna

author said...

I still woke up at my regular time.
I get up at 5:20 am to be at work at 7am
I woke up at 4:20 automatically, even though I had my alarm set correctly.
I was so mad !

Hope you and the family have
a great Halloween.