Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Here I Am!

I have received emails asking where I have been and if I am alright. I am fine. I have been exceptionally busy. Between taking the girls to school and activities, and the close of Girl Scout preorder nut sales, the obvious sentence to follow, would be that I have been nuts. Not only have I been nuts, but I have had thirteen other nutty moms who had to fill out their orders and get them to me in a timely manner. That probably could have happened, uneventfully, however, of course, it did not! The website had a glitch yesterday and nobody could do their job. First the website said to come back after 11am, then 1pm, then 2 pm then an all out, "We are doing our best to fix the problem, please come back later and thank you for your patience!" Obviously, they extended the cut off time from this morning at 9am to tomorrow at 9am. I finally called the last person in our unit and said, "So, how's it going? Working on finishing your order?" She told me she had been to the bank and everything was done. I looked at her numbers and sign her out of a few steps and think, done. NOT. Two troops still show as not done on the list of troops who have not entered their sales....Sheesh....They're done!

So, I have some things to do for the next couple of days, but it seems that everything went pretty smoothly, considering the website had problems and added numbers wrong,...

Aside from my two girls, we have a friend visiting for three days. Her parents are away and she is bunking with Katharine. Katharine has had a cough for a couple of weeks. She says four! Bad mommy! I took her to the doctor after school yesterday and we were there for nearly an hour and a half. First time seeing the new woman pediatrician. Although, she has had the girl's records for a year and a half now....It was time....You know....

We ordered Chinese food waiting for her prescription, since I had enough time to get Katharine some food and back down the hill to rehearsal. When she got home, sick and miserable. Coughing unproductive. A slight fever and very sore throat. The doctor knew she needs her voice for Brigitta in the Sound of Music opening night Friday! She gave her a Z-pak and told us to get her Delsym cough medicine...I am here to tell you, this shit works! 12 hours with NO coughing. Then this afternoon she finally had a productive cough....She did stay home from school today. Funny thing was it never occurred to me. Her friend said, "Are you going to let her stay home tomorrow?" I thought, "Hell yeah!" Why did this not occur to me? Because, I am lucky to have two very healthy girls who hardly ever miss school. I don't think Zoe has missed a day since third grade, her first year here in town! She is now a freshman. And, frankly, I cannot remember the last day Katharine has missed. Last year though, at some point.

This was while I was trying to get all the troop orders entered into the website by the cut off time. I got home to a reprisal. Which was inevitable for their computer glitch!

Today, I went to get Katharine's friend at school, after I picked up Zoe. Katharine wanted to come. I told her no way, she missed school. So, I pick up her friend and as soon as I pull into the driveway, Kate is out there asking why I did not pick up her friend that we started car pooling with last week...Oh SHIT....I forgot your friend...I went back to the school and took her home. I apologized profusely. Too much going on!

Then my neighbor, who lives with her daughter and her parents, asked if her daughter could come over for a half hour or so until her grandmother got home from teaching...Of course. Her grandmother calls and sounds dead tired. She is a music teacher at an elementary school. I told her to have a rest and I would send her granddaughter home after while. Then I get a call from my friend, who's child I am watching and she says, "So, you are making my daughter do her homework and giving my mother a rest?" I said, "Yes, your mother sounded so tired." Grandma called an hour or so later and asked her granddaughter if she was ready to come home. Grandma did not have to help her with homework and that was good. And she had a blast watching the girls and their comedy routines!

My friend's father, who was a computer etc., salesman opted out. Jobs were too difficult to get anymore. He has been going to school to be an x-ray technician. All he needs now is his license. Something new. He applied for a job with FEMA and got it. Pays well, twelve hours, six days a week. He will be a building inspector in New Orleans. He will be gone for four months and come home one weekend a month. It will be hard on them as he and his wife have never been separated this long. But, financially, it will be good for them, especially so close to retirement.

There really is not much more I can share and aren't you lucky for that....I am okay. Hanging in there. Still have the cysts. I do have another exam soon. But, the cancer test was good. I do have that to be thankful about! As miserable as I was, waiting for the results....Never go to the doctor on a Friday...Good lesson!

While I am at it....I would like to thank all of you for your birthday wishes! It was a fun birthday and I will tell more later, if you can stand it!!!

9 comments:

Jaded said...

Nuts...sheesh.

Glad everything is going well. We're in the midst of potty training here, so I spend a great deal of my time in the bathroom, waiting for something exciting to happen. She's going potty in the actual potty about 30% of the time, but considering that she refused to even harbor the thought until a few days ago, I'm pretty happy about it. Luckily, she's not yet old enough to need me to cart her to and fro. It'll happen soon enough though, lol.

Cathy said...

so...can I buy a couple of boxes? Do you deliver to Canada? :)

zbjernak said...

wow...
gosh...
tht is one hell long entry...
by reading it...i feel tired...
so i can really imagine..GOING THROUGH all of it....

hahhahahahaha

meanhwile...hang on tight..dont get nuts will ya?

cheers and have a pleasant day

A Flowered Purse said...

OMG I thought my days were busy!
things sound hectic
Big hugs and have a great close to the week!
Love
dianna

for_the_lonely said...

Seems like we are all super busy! Glad that you are doing well!

Love,
Sarah

Heidi said...

This is what I like to see..I worry to much..:X Glad all is well. :)

Carie said...

I hope things slow down for you so that you can just sit and breath ;o)

SassyFemme said...

Oh my gosh, you are way busy! That's what I call crazy-busy!

LOL on the nut puns.

Karen said...

oh my gosh--that is way to busy !
hope things are slowing down a bit.
hugs,
Karen