Thursday, October 13, 2005

Man, Am I Tired!

It has been one hell of a long day! I am waiting for Katharine to come home from rehearsal. It is 11:00 and she does have school tomorrow and she was sick earlier in the week. But, the show must go on. Sound of Music opens tomorrow night! Brigitta is very nervous all of a sudden...She will do a great job, I am sure!

It is hot. Around 80. I just cleaned the deck, dodging gargantuan spiders in their respective webs. Not fun. I thought about squirting some of the webs down, but they worked so hard making them! And, if I can see them, I know one is not going to drop down from the umbrella above my head. It has happened and I am sad to say, I smashed the sucker! Invade my space? Not to live and tell about it spider!

I was in a Circle K store the other day and noticed numbers on the door. I had plenty of time to notice many things, as the line was very long with kids buying oodles of candy to eat on the beach. Gotta replenish themselves with all the surfing or skateboarding they do! Anyhow, I wondered why they had strips on the doors with heights on them. Then I figured it out! If a robber comes in there, the camera will get their height when they leave thru the doors, and of course mine. Thank God they don't have scales there too...Or do they???

I was still doing Girl Scout nut stuff til midnight last night. Hub came home and said he couldn't believe I was still working on all the crap for nights on end...It was rather fun though. I like the puzzle solving that comes with screwed up orders! Going back and retracing steps to find the error...I do that with my own checkbook. It must balance to the penny or I will look until I find it. I always do. Anyhow, it is a lot of work and even though I may have complained now and then, it was a good thing to do. Kept me busy and my mind occupied. By the way, I changed the word screwed, in screwed up, from another of my more popular words. Just thought it would not look appropriate in a paragraph about the Girl Scouts!

I dropped off all the reports, etc., this morning! They are due tomorrow morning at 9am. I am not driving 20 miles in the morning to drop off anything! On October 29th, I will have a all the nuts we ordered delivered to my house. I will give all the nutty moms twenty minutes increments to get their nuts and onto the next order. I know this can be done in a timely manner. I have seen it with my own eyes, and now I will practice what I have learned from a pro! The woman who does cookies has done it for twenty some odd years. Her kids are grown and she still does it...Not saying I will do what I did this year for twenty years or even next year. But, if asked I will probably do it. I don't know why I would not be asked, since the vicious cycle of doing a good job comes back to haunt, by asking again and again! But, don't go thinking it is over....Those were just presales. Now we have booth sales for two weeks in November.

Got an email today asking for help from the council. They now need help counting all the cities who have turned in orders. Magazines and nuts! I am not nuts enough to take a job for a half day for $25 coupon book, redeemable in their store! Or a whopping $50 for the whole day. Drive 20 miles, work for girl scout stuff and drive home 20 miles....Nope, not me.

Well, still no Katharine...She is going to be so tired after being at the theatre since 5:00. I know she is going to be giddy with excitement at the prospect of the opening of the play tomorrow night too. Friday is her day to go to school at 9:00 and Zoe goes in at 8:30. Both can sleep in. Me, I will be up before the birds. Reading blogs and drinking coffee!

8 comments:

zbjernak said...

go go go katharine...

and to all the nutty mums...
cheers and stay sane alright...

have a great weekend...
sorry for i had the chance to enjoy it before you do...

hahahahhahahha

BonnyT said...

Did she get home ok?

I, too, have been up long before the birds.....I am always up WAY too early on 'trip day'...lol.

Dr. Deb said...

Hate Spiders.

Love "Sound of Music". What a great play.

Hope you all have a great time!

~Deb

A Flowered Purse said...

you know my feelings on spiders. you are like me i leave them alone until they invade my territory then they are fair game!
Good luck to your daughter on the Sound of Music, its my favorite!
Have a wonderful relaxing weekend
Love
dianna

author said...

good luck Katharine !!
hope it was wonderful

friday 8 pm

lightfeather said...

It is so inspiring to hear about young ones following their passions! Hang on mom! You're in for a wild ride, I think!

Love to you and your wonderful family,
Lighty

for_the_lonely said...

Best wishes to Katherine on her big night tonight! Let us know how it went!

Sarah

Karen said...

how exciting !
so happy !
enjoy !
hugs,
Karen