Sunday, October 02, 2005

Quiet Sunday/Photo Sunday

My Beautiful Zoe

Petunia on sitting on our grass

I have almost nothing to write today. I wanted to post to prove I have not fallen off the edge of the earth.

We finally cooled down for a few days, but the hot, dry, Santa Ana winds will be back mid week...BAD. Not enough lotion or lip balm in the world on those days.

I have Monoi oil from Huahine. Tahiti. I love the smell, vanillaish. It is supposed to be liquid form. But it had been solid since last year. I had to put it under hot water to use it...I have not used it much. This past week it actually liquified. I took a shower and got all Monoi oiled up and then I get a call from somebody who was supposed to call last Thursday. Now Friday, did I want to come in for a mammogram? Didn't think twice and said no! I will have to come in on the 11th...All I could think of was washing off all the Monoi oil and going all day with no deodorant, perfume or lotion for the mammogram and after my GYN appt! No, not that day.

Well, the Monoi has solidified again. We were foggy and in the fifties this morning. I loved it. So did my plants. Today is beautiful and sunny, cool breeze. A lazy day.

I took some photos of Zoe the other night and I wanted to share them because it is hard to capture her outer beauty by camera. I believe these shots do her justice. I am putting two on here for Photo Sunday. Also, my friend and her daughter got a new puppy, whom they named Petunia, and I wanted to show you how darling she is. Only eight weeks. Chihuahua/Terrier mix. She reminds me of our Charlie/Steve in coloring, but we didn't get him til he was 18 weeks old and never got to see him so little.

That is all for today though...Hope everybody had a swell weekend!

Zoe


Cheyenne holding Petunia

10 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Zoe is a true beauty! And Petunia looks like cutie! I just wanna hug her! Too cute! Hope that you are having a great weekend!

Love,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

tht dog is very cute
and small size...
i scare small fellow...
coz they tend to run around and i m scared i step on them

A Flowered Purse said...

Zoe is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
the puppy doggie is adorable!
Be safe from that bad dog flu going around :(
I am so scared over that opie will not be going out til i hear on the news that it is over! well we'll let him out, just not around other dogs LOL< be a mess if we kept him in!
Still hoping for some cooler weather to come your way
Love
dianna

Jaded said...

Beautiful daughter, cute puppy. Petunia is my nickname for Jadette, which is a nickname itself, lol.


I'm glad it's cooling off for you. It's still in the 80's here which is strange for October. We're supposed to get a cold front through, then be around 70 from Friday on...I hope so, because fall is my favorite season, followed closely by winter. I'm too allergic to spring and summer, and for some reason, I feel very lazy and unmotivated during that time.

Thanks for sharing how beautiful Zoe is.

Playground In My Mind said...

I love the pictures, Nancy...
Be assured of my prayers from now through the 11th. Cysts run in my family, so I have history on my side and that is why I can be so calm about mine today. I'm sorry that you are afraid, but I will be there holding your hand and cursing the MAN who invented the squashing machine with you. And I will be holding your hand until you receive the results. And if you need further hand holding after that, I will be standing by ready to help. But I will pray that it won't come to that. I will pray that you have cysts...simple cysts. hugs and prayers, Renee

Heidi said...

Beautiful pic of Zoe..And omg petunia pup is adorable!

Dr. Deb said...

Your children are so cute and so is the puppy. Is it a puppy or full grown? ADorable all.

~Deb

Karen said...

beautiful daughter,
cute little puppy !
hugs,
Karen

Just Jan said...

Zoe is one beautiful young lady. Bet the boys are beating down the door..hehehe.

That puppy is sooooo adorable.

Phoebe said...

Great photo of Zoe. And to actually see a 14-year-old smile! That's great too. The pup's adorable too, but then puppies always are.