Thursday, October 06, 2005

One Good DYE Job

I had a day of beauty in our swealtering heat yesterday. I have not had my hair cut or dyed since June. And it was getting mighty white! I had to leave it curly to reveal less of the gray.

I got a nice new color, with quite a bit of red, that really shows more in the sunshine. I got a little different cut than usual. And I got waxed...Never a fun experience, but the results are what really matter....

We had a hot windy day yesterday, and we will have another today. Except today we can smell the smoke from a fire in a neighboring county. It will make a fantastic sunset. And so far, no lives or structures have been lost, which is great. I am in awe of the firefighters lately. They did an amazing job in LA last week saving thousands of homes. I hope this is a sign of how all fires will be judged. This is a very dangerous time of year to live in the foothills and mountains. Last year we had fires to the north, south and east of us, but Orange County was spared. The sky was smokey for weeks. This past winter we had thirty inches of rain, which in turn makes more vegetation capable of fueling very large fires. Our normal rainfall is about twelve inches a year. So, let's hope one idiot doesn't toss a cigarette out of the window of their car, while driving in hazardous areas.

Two of my friends are taking me to lunch today. That should be fun. I have some great friends who make me laugh a lot. We see each other often, or talk on the phone a lot, but we don't get to sit and BS as much as we used to. One friend has moved her daughter to a different school. So, I see her even less, and I miss seeing her. The school is good for her daughter, who wants to be and artist. The school is for artists and performing artists of all kinds. But, it is about a forty-five minute drive each way, in heavy traffic. That is taking it's toll, but I think they will stay there for the next six years anyhow. Maybe at some point move closer to the school.

That is about it for today...Off and running. Taking one to school and the other is still sleeping, because Thursday and Friday, she goes in an hour later than the other days. And for the one I am taking now, she goes in at 9:10 on Friday, so both can sleep in tomorrow. And I can drive one then the other at different times again, and turn around and do the reverse in the afternoon. I don't mind though. I would rather do the driving to make sure they get to where they need to be...

I feel better. It is amazing how one good dye job can make your whole day! Or mine in this case.

11 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

Maybe I should get a dye job. I feel like crap.

(Well, not entirely. Anything for a witticism).

Dr. Deb said...

I have seen some of the news with the fires and all. Saw some pictures of cars with white smoke ash on them, like a nuclear winter!

Whenever my hair is touched up I feel so rich inside and out. There's something about my white roots not showing that really, really makes me happy!

~Deb

Heidi said...

Nancy and fellow bloggers...There's this product from Clairol called " Root Touch-Up"..Amazing!

I tell everyone about it. 10 mins and your done. There are so many shades to match and less than
10$!!! helloooooo..lol

It's saves me money from doing my roots every 5 weeks..It's a great inbetween. Trust me you'll tell 2 friends and so on and so on and so on. ;)

Phoebe said...

GOM, are you thinking about dyeing your scalp? As Daniela said when she was about six and was asked if her grandfather in Brazil had white hair, "No, he has a boiled head!"

Dr. Deb said...

Root touch up is a great product. I use it too!!!!!!!

Deb

BonnyT said...

I'm counting down the days till my dye job (Tuesday)...its funny the little things you look forward to...LOL.

Heidi said...

"Root touch up is a great product. I use it too!!!!!!!"

Deb.. ^5 !

Forgot to mention there's also a
$2 coupon inside the package.

A Flowered Purse said...

Be sure to take a picture!!!
Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow! I am going to be gone all day but wanted to stop in to make sure and wish you the Happiest birthday ever!
Love
dianna

for_the_lonely said...

I was wondering how close you are to the wildfires..so sad that all of that vegitation was destroyed, yet releaved that no one was hurt.
Isn't it amazing how some hair color and a cut can make you feel great? I hope that you enjoyed your lunch with your girlfriends! Have a great weekend!

Love,
Sarah

author said...

happy birthday tomorrow Nancy !
we are both 46...
October 8th is also my childrens fathers birthday.
But not to worry you are
nothing like him !
Hope it is a wonderful day !

Jan said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow.....enjoy Your day!!
I hope you had a fun lunch today.