Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Final Show!

I enjoyed the show so much Friday night that I was going to get more tickets and see another with some other friends. No good seats. Oh well. We had front row on opening night, that was certainly more than enough.

Katharine called between shows and said they were ordering pizza before the next performance. I asked her how it went and she told me that the audience was not drunk enough and they just sat there and didn't want to participate! I felt so bad for her, but I also wanted her to know that, even though we had wine before Friday night's show, WE were not drunk. WE were just having an excellent time and were simply goofy! Which was the way it should have been, in my opinion.

Kate sounded stuffy so I told her I would bring her a Claritin. I grabbed a box of Capri Sun drinks to bring for them to have with their pizza as well. When I got there she was very unhappy looking. Then the woman who founded No Square Theatre was walking by, and I said, "The audience was not drunk enough Bree?" She said, "It was the second show slump. Plus we needed the kids to almost yell because the acoustics in the theatre are not very good." I was thinking micking the kids who had lines would have not been so hard! The audience was full of older people and little kids. Katharine was then more upset by the performance. I told her to sing louder in the next show and that night time shows are better anyhow. Plus, what I didn't say was that they would be a bit loosened up by the wine...Again.

We picked her and her friend up at 11:00. The third show went very well and she was once again bubbly and excited. Apparently somebody ordered the hearty meat pizza and it was not very good so most were still hungry after the show. Even if she ate, she would be hungry after the show. She is like a hummingbird, eats constantly. We drove thru Jack in the Box, on the way to dropping her friend at their place above their fabulous Italian Restaurant!

One last performance tonight and back to school and the real world tomorrow!

We had thunder and lightening last night! It was wild. I spoke to my friend for almost two hours on the phone and that was fun! He daughter asked how long she had been on the phone and I told her what she says to me, "Who is the parent?" She repeats it to her daughter! It was pretty funny.

I was up at three with the thunder. I put down the umbrellas and was a bit nervous about the lightening around me. About five, I hear a noise and one of the umbrellas fell over. I will leave it down for now. Not like we are due any significant rain, but we are supposed to have thunder storms through Monday. Rare here. But even a half inch of rain could help lessen the fire season and that would be fabulous!

I went back to sleep about 7:30 and slept til 10:00. A nice thing to do on a rainy day. But it was sunny when I got up. And now it is beginning to cloud up again. Yippee. I want to watch many things I have Tivo'd. Only problem with the rain, even though I love it, is that if it rains too hard, I have to take my computer in the house and type from there.

BTW, I didn't take photos of the show. There is a professional photographer that shoots hundreds of photos, at all the performances and then puts them up on the website for us to purchase. I figured I wanted to relax and enjoy friends and the show without my camera. I should have taken some though. Although flash photography is forbidden in the theatre! They will be online soon and I will post some then!

7 comments:

A Flowered Purse said...

That is so awesome its going so well!
I cant wait til you post the pics! I don't blame you for wanting to just relax!
Hugs and enjoy your week
Love
dianna

Cindy said...

I enjoy thunderstorms, it's the hail that I fear. The clouds came and went and came again, but it didn't rain. It was pretty chilly though.

I'm glad the play is going well, even with the second show slump. It still sounds like a blast.

zbjernak said...

wow...
how many shows she had to go trough in a day?

as from i read... 3?
that is horrible...

in another hand.... performing to "dead crowd" is a bummer...
is like you feel your work is not being appreciated... perhaps..

next time the organizer should provide wine as welcome drinks . LOL.....

nothing beats the feeling of spending the time on your trusted bed, snuggling under the blanket on a rainy day

hav a nice weekend to you...
enjoy it...

sigh...is monday here

maceydoo said...

Yes, a dead crowd is the worse, yo wonder if they are even out there?
Glad to hear that the next show went well! It sounds like Kate is having so much fun!
Can't wait to see the pics!
Lisa

for_the_lonely said...

Looking forward to the pics! So glad that you are getting rain! Have a happy Monday!

Love,
Sarah

Jaded said...

One summer I was doing summer stock in Virginia. One of my acting coaches was doing a show at the Totem Pole Playhouse in Pennsylvania, so we decided to go on our day off. I don't recall what show we saw, but it starred my coach and her best friend, who happens to be Jean Stapleton. She's an amazing actress, although all I could see was Edith Bunker, LOL

ANYWAY, there was an ad in the program for the theatre I was working in that summer, and the guy in front of us was apparantly unimpressed with the line-up of shows... he said, in a VERY loud "whisper"..."who the hell wants to see this crap... The Sound of Mucous, The Mucous Man, Camel Snot and Choke-lahoma." We let him know that we didn't particularly want him to come see us. He was humiliated, and I was happy.

In any case, every time I see you write about The Sound of Music, all I can hear is that guy saying The Sound of Mucous, and it cracks me up!

Glad things went well for her. And if I don't see rain for another 2 months I'll be fine. It rained for 8 straight days, finally ended on Friday. Ugh!

Carie said...

I can't wait to see pics...I am sorry she got so bummed out over the dead crowd, its hard being up on stage...

I love thunderstorms, my dog on the other hand does not and he goes into a panick lol so we have to cuddle him through them lol