Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Birthday Yesterday

What a great day. My husband and girls worked so hard to give me a perfect day. Poor David got a half cup of coffee, before he and Zoe were out the door.

Katharine got up and has an ongoing nasty cough. She opens in the Sound of Music of Friday and we need to get rid of her cough. I heard the word Airborn twice yesterday. Anybody know what that is? First, my friend mentioned it for her daughter and then somebody told Katharine to take some at rehearsal....

We met my friend and her daughter at a local Mexican restaurant and had a very nice time. Six of us and when my friend asked for more chips, the waiter said with disdain, "MORE chips?" Never have I heard that at a Mexican restaurant! My friend said, "Well, there are SIX of us!" Good for her!

Lunch was good. David commited the ultimate crime. He told the waiter waiter it was my birthday and they all brought flan and sang happy birthday and after they were done, all the people around us clapped, and my face was red...UGH

We got home long enough for Katharine to get ready for rehearsal. And David offered to go to Costco for me. He and Zoe left for Costco and to drop off Katharine and I took a NAP!!! When I got up, they were back and everything was put away. They were starting to make my birthday cake and had to go get Katharine.

My cousins Ronnie, Pam and Lindsay arrived. David and Zoe got back and continued in the kitchen. Made a very nice cake, and a surprise dinner. The surprise dinner was homemade lasagna and garlic bread. Yummy...The kids were giggling and the adults were talking and we just had a really nice time...At least I did. Oh, when cake was served, they brought out two. They were making a yellow cake and asked me what kind I wanted, I said, "Well looks like I want a yellow cake." They surprised me with a store bought chocolate cake as well.

I got a book from a friend that I wanted. Diana Gabaldon's newest. I got a hibiscus sticker for the back of my car from Katharine. David got me a big turquoise bag that I had eyed at lunch time. Ronnie and Pam got me a bottle of 15 year old scotch and Zoe gave me lavender lotion and a padded door hanger that says, "Shh Baby Sleeping." Got the biggest laugh for the night!! I was quite funny.

And I got lots of cards and ecards and emails from blogger friends too. Thank you all. I have updated my profile to 46 from 45!

I am glad birthdays come once a year! It was a very long, but good day. Was in bed by midnight. I watched the clock turn to October 9th! My birthday officially over, I went to sleep!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Nancy,
What could be better than friends, family, food and gifts for a birthday..Sounds like a great one! :)

BonnyT said...

Happy belated, Nance....

I would have shot that disbelieving waiter the biggest look ever...

Mexican restauarants are all about MORE chips ~

Anne said...

airborne is an excellent homeopathic remedy, nance. lots of people swear by it up here. it also helps one avoid getting colds, coughs in the future, when taken regularly. my local grocery carries it, as do health-oriented stores. hope she feels better, and
glad you had a great birthday. my college girl is home for the weekend, and we took her out for japanese food last night. her actual 19th bday is monday, the 17th. but her friends are throwing a party for her at school next weekend.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday 1 day late.
Sounds like it was a really nice day.

A Flowered Purse said...

I have never heard of airborne but very interested in if it works! Glad you had a great birthday!!!
Have a great week Nancy!
Love
dianna

for_the_lonely said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Good for you! Here's to many more!

Love ya,
Sarah

zbjernak said...

one cool and packed birthday u have there...

great one...

and glad u enjoy ur days and get most of all you wished for...

cheers...

and you knwo what...
it will be great if everyday is a BIRTHDAY

Dr. Deb said...

Wishing you a wonderful day and a great rest of the year.

:)
Deb

Cindy said...

I'm glad you had a great day!

Heidi said...

Nancy, you have been to quiet...No updates since Sunday...I hope everything is ok with you. Just concerned.

Karen said...

sure sounds like a great birthday:)
hugs,
Karen