Friday, May 20, 2005

Funny Kid Stories

Thanks to Pong, (Hollie). She gave me the idea (from her blog), for something for me to post today.

We had just gotten home from karate. My then five year old daughter went upstairs to play dolls. Next thing I know, she is crying and I look up and see she has her head stuck in the stair rail. She looked so sad. I tried to get her head out, but her ears would get caught and I couldn't get her out. My four year old daughter came up, hauling a container of vegetable oil. She thought if I put some on her sister, she would slide right out! We didn't try that. I asked her why she stuck her head in there and she said, " I did it when I was little!" Well, heads do grow. A lesson she learned that day!

I called 911 and the fire department came. While we were waiting, I took photos. Couldn't resist. The firemen came in and luckily she had stuck her head in between the wall and the first bar. They removed the rail from the wall and freed my daughter.

They were so nice and they gave the girls a tour of their truck and then gave them each a teddy bear. I then rushed to my photo store, and they knew me well, and got he photos developed. They even enlarged one to 8x10 and mounted it. They said, "We thought you may want to bring this out when she starts dating!" I would NEVER do that!




Then there was the time we were in a hotel and the girls were very little. They followed me everywhere and this day into the bathroom. I asked for some privacy. My youngest said, "I will get it for you mommy." and ran out of the bathroom. Only to return a couple of seconds later to ask, "Where is it?"


Another time, in the bathroom again. Just a coincidence. My eldest daughter wanting to help, asked, "Mommy, do you need a crouton?" I told her no, but thank you. "And the word is tampon, sweety."


Geez, that was so long ago. Some things you just remember and others you really have to write down. You may think you will remember, but you probably won't.

A friend of mine who has a little boy, took him to preschool for the first time. After a couple of days he told her, "Mom, you know how we have to do all that writing and number stuff?" "Yes," she replied. "Well, tomorrow I am going to tell my teacher that I want to skip all that and just go outside to play." I told her, write it down right now! And, she did.

11 comments:

Jaded said...

What a great idea...I've gotta start writing all the stuff my daughter does down somewhere. Thanks!!

lightfeather said...

I wrote some of them. I wish I had more. I love the croutons! Mine used a box of sanitary napkins once, removing the self stick strips and mounting the pads to the bathroom wall. What are you doing? I ask. Art, mama, art!

Oh yeah, those were the days! I loved every minute!

Anonymous said...

your kids head stuck in the bannister? honey, b original, thats been done on more than 1 sitcom.

Nancy said...

Anonymous. I have plenty of proof tha it happened. Photos before, during the firemen's visit, and after.

It was no sitcom. She was scared. So FO okay?

Wow, my first loser comment. I will surely have to share this!

I am checking your IP now. Bye honey.

Nancy said...

I just told my husband, "I have my first loser comment about ***;s head being stuck in a bannister." And my barrister husband said, "Post a photo."

Nah, It's none of your freaking, and I am being nice, business!

Later loser.

Cindy said...

I've only had one loser comment so far, and it really wasn't very original, I just used the trashcan thingy and deleted it.
My loser was also anonymous........no balls losers?

lightfeather said...

I had a wanna be loser comment(s) last night. Looks like he/she wanted to post some "naughty" pictures on a link. Several of them in fact. No success. The link didn't work...not on all 5 attempts! Had to delete them all. No moment of glory. No 5 minutes of fame.

author said...

I got this same anonymous link poster too light.
no clickable link either.
my son seems to think it is a bot trying to get their web site link out.
He did a search on the name.
Sadly for them the link doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

I can;t wait to have a kid! He or she will be demented!

Jaded said...

LOL about the comments you left. And I saw the comment you mentioned... UGH. That's all I have to say about him. UGH!!

Oh, and I totally believe the bannister story. It may have been done on sit coms, but it's funny because it really happens to people. So the loser can just get over it. Sheesh!!

Phoebe said...

As the younger sister of the barrister husband, let me add a story about him. Age 5. Been reading for a year or more. Folks take him for an interview at a prestigious, by exam and interview public school. "What's a book?" asks the interviewer. Soon-to-be- barrister replies, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!" He didn't get in. Probably just as well. He was cranky even then!