Thursday, May 12, 2005

Unbanned

Thanks to the FOUR of you who stepped up for me. LOL

I am sarcastic, caring, relatively harmless, sarcastic, cool, sarcastic, only mean when REALLY provoked, (and that hasn't happened in years), sarcastic, would never write anything off color or hateful, sarcastic and not a bad person and sarcastic!

Yes, sarcasm is my middle name. I admit that! Not that there's anything wrong with a healthy dose of sarcasm.

Seriously, while on a much much smaller scale, I have gotten a taste of what it feels like to be accused of something I didn't do. I felt the need to obsess about this and fix it. Not that I have done that for sure, but I did get an e-mail telling me I have been unrestricted by the never mentioned website.

I have bombarded the woman who owns the site with, "What about this?" e-mails. I have been diligently researching and trying to figure out how this happened. I noticed another clue that could clear me last night. I fired off another e-mail. So, I suppose I was unbanned due to annoying this kind woman, who just wants a non hate filled site.

Although I was told that I was not the only person restricted from the site, I sure felt like it. Call me paranoid, but people I have made comments to have actually deleted my comments.

I can now somewhat understand the way a person feels, when they profess their innocence for a crime they have not committed. Just being accused is debilitating. Losing all they have established in life to be a good person, can be taken away in a heartbeat. Then having to reestablish themselves and make people understand they are not bad.

It has even more meaning when trying to convince people who don't know you. People assume the worst. Look at the fiance of the runaway bride. After Scott Peterson and others, we immediately jump to the conclusion that the person closet to the victim did it.

We know that in this country we are innocent, until proven guilty. That is one of the lamest and most out dated doctrines we have today. A joke of major proportions.

This has been a wake up call for me to wait to hear the whole story, before thinking the worst in people. I realize what I have felt like in the past few days is not even a blip on the radar of all things that matter. But on my radar and in my little world, it is huge.

A glitch can ruin your day, or in my case a few days. Wasting time to clear my name and assure those who don't know me, I am a good person. Dwelling upon those people's opinions of me. Why should I care? I care about my good name.

Putting on my PI hat and researching has been a valuable experience. Learning I am susceptible to many injustices and so are you.

4 comments:

BonnyT said...

Geez, Nance...enough with the sarcasm... ;)

Heidi said...

Hi Nancy,

That word " Banned" is like a kick in the stomach...It does hurt and i am sorry.. < co-dependant moment>

When Rosie had her first blog website I was also " banned from comments from the webmaster"..I was freaking out.. What did I say or do to offend her..I was a wreck trying to figure it out because I hurt a fly..lol
..Thankgod Rosie ending up posting it was a " glitch" and many people had the same problem. Phew! So I kinda know where ur coming from.

On a side note..I hope she decides to open her comments again..Enjoyed reading hers and finding other blog sites as well.

Phoebe said...

I'm the only one who mentioned sarcasm (a well-regarded literary device). I must have hit a nerve!

Glad you are unbanned. They need your input!

Nancy said...

Hey, I love sarcasm! That's why I mentioned it that much! Thanks Phoebe!
You know me well.......