Sunday, May 29, 2005

Six Degrees of Separation

Some already know this story, but I wanted to post it anyhow.

Cozy first came to my attention by commenting on my blog. She liked a comment I left on Rosie's blog. I went to her blog to check her out and found myself commenting on every post.

She had mentioned how she would like to live in another country one day and mentioned Polynesia. I told her I had been there and while beautiful, it is run by the French. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

I told her we go to an island in Tahiti called Huahine. She writes back that her best sister friend has lived there for twenty years and has dual citizenship.

Even before finishing her comment, I knew it was Joyce she was talking about and I hurriedly wrote to her and asked, "Is your friend Joyce?" She writes back, "Well, yes it is!"

Just imagine what a small world we live in. Out there in blogland, I get in contact with somebody who knows, much better that I, a person I know too. In a far off land no less.

It was so amazing to find her out of all the people in the blogworld. What are the chances?

Cozy is very cool. A lot like me in many ways, I think. Not to say, I am very cool...... Anyhow, we are communticating now and it is fun! I am still waiting for her to contact Joyce to tell her what a small world it is.

Anyhow, this has been a very bizarre experience and one that has truly connected us!

And to Cozy, it is great to get to know you!!!!

4 comments:

Anne said...

good day! wow, thanks for blogging this amazing tale. what were the odds of this? maybe as slim as my having 2 of my 3 children on the same date...april 10, ten years apart! too bad i'm not a gambler, eh?! i am calling her again today. have been trying to give her some space, as she has a lot to contend with right now, getting her mama ready to move to a senior place. i know it's been pretty intense for all concerned. anyway, my dad has a theory, that like-minded people end up gravitating toward each other, through common interests, etc. in other words, the planet can be smaller than we think, sometimes! hope you are having a relaxing sunday. i will email you later, after i get a hold of our "kevin bacon" !!

lightfeather said...

Wow! Saying "small world" seems almost trite, doesn't it? I love synchronicity!

Heidi said...

Things are meant..I always say that...I luv hearing these type of stories. Very cool!

ps..nancy thankyou for your suggestion about the panic attack..Lets hope I never have to use it.

Phoebe said...

I have often noted that in truth there are only 50 people in the world. If you see more, say at a sporting event, the vast majority are clones. Of these 50 people, 6 are British actors. They're in everything.