Monday, May 16, 2005

My Computer

My husband took my computer in for a tune up on Friday and Saturday was informed that my hard drive was dying.

Bad news? Yes and No. I had two days left on my three year warranty! Yippee.

My computer will be in "the shop" longer, but I get a new hard drive and it is quite possible they will have to upgrade because they no longer make my kind. Which means I will go from 18 gigs to 28 gigs or something like that.

I am very happy about that because I had to back up all my photos and remove them, to make room for Tiger.
Tiger is the reason my computer went to the shop in the first place. I tried installing it and it had errors. I tried to fix them, to no avail.

Actually, I suspected something was wrong because of little things that no longer worked. Like having to restart my computer every time I was thrown off AOL. If you have ever had or have AOL, you will know what I mean about getting thrown offline! I don't have to restart my computer if Safari quits, which is rare.

More and more people I know are leaving AOL. I started with them and like them, except for getting thrown offline, of course.
Other times AOL gets too busy and I have to use Safari. I am using my daughter's computer and she has Safari and I go on AOL through there. Seems to work well.

Other little problem is when I turn off the sound, and it stays on. So, all these little annoyances will be fixed at no cost to me!

How often does something go out before the warranty expires? Only one other time for me. A refrigerator. The compressor went out a week before the warranty expired. Lucky indeed, twice now.

I thought I was going to have a quiet morning of laundry and bills. NO. Window washers just showed up. Luckily there are three and will get done relatively fast, I hope. Windows haven't been washed since last Summer. We had so much rain this winter that there was no reason to do it. Like washing your car and the next day it rains. I can pretty much count on that. In fact a friend emails me on rainy mornings and says, "Washed your car yesterday, didn't you?"

I have finished my Choices story. Very cathartic. Now, I need to write a new story. Hmm, what to write next? Thinking..........
Actually, thinking Choices needs an epilogue! Yeah, that's it....an epilogue.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHO EXACTLY did you say took your computer to get it fixed?

Just asking . . . Inquiring minds and all that.

Nancy said...

You did! HA

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support . . .

Heidi said...

Nancy..Funny you should mention AOL..If a situation occurs and I'm in electronic/computer store I tell them I have AOL..Well the look on their face of Discust says it all..There first question.." Why do u have AOL? That's the worst...etc etc..I've had AOL for so long, I'm used to it..And as you have read my blog..You know I am not good in " Change"..:X
Goodluck on your computer upgrade. :)

Looking forward to the " Epilogue."

lightfeather said...

Oh I just love it when that kind of stuff happens! And you know, it happens a lot especially when you expect little miracles like that! You are lucky because you are always expecting things to work out for you. You are creating your own good luck and that is good luck in itself :-)

Anonymous said...

An epilogue?

Yeah, yeah . . . that's the ticket!