Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Running Out Of Gas

Not! The computer on my car said, 40 miles to empty. Traffic in town was a nightmare as usual. I dropped off the girls and headed north to Jenny Craig. Thinking the whole time, I will be so embarrassed if I run out of gas...Then again, I never get to use AAA and they must be bored at this point.

I had to put in brake fluid too. I suppose I should take it in to be serviced, but that is such a pain and I will be replacing it by August anyhow... I put in the brake fluid and wondered why it costs so much to have the damn thing serviced in the first place. That was so easy, I put in windshield wiper cleaner too. There are a couple of other little compartments, that were not labled. I did not mess with them. I am pretty sure one is oil! HA

Anyhow, traffic in the canyon was bumper to bumper as usual. In my head, I realize that going faster, when on empty, will not work. But, sitting in traffic, seems to waste gas, no matter what the computer says.

Finally, got gas and it cost a fortune. Baby Bush says he cannot do anything about the price of gasoline. I believe a study should be done on that! Anyhow, I was relieved to have a full tank again.

Weighed in at JC. Lost another 2.3 pounds. That makes a grand total of 20.3 pounds in five weeks. I am happy about that.

The food is much improved since the last time I tried it. But, it is hard for me to do it for SEVEN days a week. So, I do about four. Or I may eat something on my own for one meal and her food the other meals. I haven't told my coach either. At least not that I take three days off! I would get the usual reprimand about how I shouldn't do that. But, hey, it works for me and that is the bottom line. They don't want anybody to lose more than three pounds a week. If you do, they make you eat more food! Go figure. I will be on this for the rest of my life at this point. However, I am happy with two pounds a week.

My coach told me that Kirstie Alley takes her coach with her everywhere she goes. I believe that is a bit over the top. But whatever works for her, I guess. Just think about him though. He gets to go with her all over the place. I wonder if he had to give up the rest of his clients? I wonder if he will be on her really bad show....Time will tell. Do I really care? NO.

6 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

I'm relieved you didn't run out.

But of course, 40 miles worth -- enough to get to LAX, if not Santa Monica.

My father ran out of gas all the time. He'd say, "Oh, we have an eighth of a tank left." Sometimes we didn't. I think the reminders from my mother may have made him stubborn about refills.

Phoebe said...

Idling in traffic actually uses very little gas, but running out in traffic is really annoying and embarassing.

Heidi said...

Congrats on your weight loss with JC! My friend has lost 50 pounds and raves about it. It's been 7 months and she keeps loosing 1-2 pounds a week. keep up it and goodluck.

Cindy said...

I've only ran out of gas in other people's cars. I have a hole in my gas tank, so I can only get it 1/2 full. With the price of gas, I can't afford to have it leaking out.

Cindy said...

Thanks for visiting my site! I love "House", I'm sorry that I missed that episode.

BonnyT said...

Thanks for visiting my site, Nancy. And the answer is YES, we are still selling....and thanks to Mr. Clean Eraser we should get more for our house! LMAO!

PS..great Blogsite, by the way.